Samsung 2233RZ "2s to blanck"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 2233RZ "2s to blanck"

Ok, thx for information. I just ordered a inverter from this ebayer. He told me 8 pins were incorrect and so he corrected his auction description to 10.
    Successfully repaired: Benq FP93GX+ (bad capacitor) / Samsung 2233RZ (bad inverter) / Enermax Liberty ELT500AWT (bad capacitors)

Comment

Ok, I made my first steps in soldering.

I was able to unsolder the inverter from the circuit. It was my first try, I never unsoldered anything before. (beside very simple cap replacement on a Benq LCD circuit) Does it look good? I had problems to remove the tin-solder from the circuit. I never used solder wicks before.

It takes alot of time to find they to get the solder onto the solder wick. So I think I but alot of heat into the circuit. I hope I dont damage anything. With a bit of luck the new inverter will come today, and I will be able to solder him on the circuit.

Ah and another question: After unsoldering I cleaned the circuit with 99 % isopropanal. Is this ok? Is it necessary to seal the circuit after soldering the inverter in? I put alot of flux on the circuit to make the solder go into the solder wick.

Greetings form Germany

TCC
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tomcatciller; 09-17-2013, 02:54 AM.
      Successfully repaired: Benq FP93GX+ (bad capacitor) / Samsung 2233RZ (bad inverter) / Enermax Liberty ELT500AWT (bad capacitors)

Comment

Sometimes things happen really fast, the new inverter arrived and I soldered him in the circuit. What do you say to the quality of my soldering?

New in Circuit measurement:

P2-1 <-> P2-2 = 001 ohms
        P3-1 <-> P3-2 = 001 ohms
        P2 <-> P3 = 001 ohms
        P1 <-> P2 = 1 (no contact)
        P3 <-> P4 = 1 (no contact)
        S1 <-> S2 = 910 ohms
        S2 <-> S3 = 1 (no contact)
        S3 <-> S4 = 914 ohms
        S1 <-> S4 = 1 (no contact)

I can tell if the repair worked in a few minutes.

Edit:

He is working!

Thank you all very much for the help. I am lucking forward more repair projects.

Greetings from Germany

TCC
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Tomcatciller; 09-17-2013, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Well done !!!

Comment

Thanks for this topic guys I have the same problem. I will try to get it fixed soon!
            Is the soldering easy to do because I have no experience with soldering?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbd4XDIQA8w

Comment

Especially registered to say

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

With your info, i was able do bring my monitor back to life.

In my case the transformer was broken. Ordered a new one via ebay from singapore.

Just some data:
              pin p3-p4 s1-s2 s3-s4
              bad 530 913 1384
              new 1 926 926

Comment

Thank you guys, I just fixed my 2233rz with your information! Thanks very much!

Search terms for german people on google:
                Samsung 2233rz geht nach einer Sekunde aus
                Samsung 2233rz geht aus nach einer Sekunde
                Samsung 2233rz schwarz nach einer Sekunde
                Samsung 2233rz schaltet sich nach einer Sekunde aus

Comment

After replacing the transformer, 2233rz good 2 secs. then goes black still! What next?

Step 1)
                  Unsoldered original inverter transformer.
                  Measurements:
                  s1-s2: no contact!
                  s3-s4: 868 ohms
                  p1-p2: < 1 ohm

From what I read here in this thread, that means one coil is broken.

Step 2)
                  Ordered new part. It's not the same, but it IS a TM-0915. I assume secondary numbering doesn't matter?
                  The old one is TM-0915 TNE0916DT.
                  The numbers on the new part: TM-0915 08TM41AT.

Step 3)
                  Measurements of new part:
                  s1-s2: 1078 ohms
                  s3-s4: 1077 ohms
                  p1-p2: < 1 ohms

Step 4)
                  I've looked closely at all capacitors. I don't see any bulging.

After soldering the new part into place, the problem persists.

What should my next step be?
                  Was I wrong in assuming the to transformers are same?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi from Australia.
                    I have the 2 second off issue, and replaced all the caps.. but it didn't help..
                    I'm going to try this now, wish me luck

I'm a bit confused as to which pins are which though as 1 picture has them numbered vertically, then another one shows them horizontally..
                    Please show me the correct pinout

Comment

HI,
                      So does this make sense?
                      Is it bad?
                      Where i've got OR it said 1 on the multimeter.. so OR right?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Krondorf; 10-01-2016, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Ok, well i bought one off ebay, and fitted it today..
                        Monitor is back up and running!! YAY !!

Pity i replaced the caps first.. could have saved myself $35 there lol

Comment

Had to register just to say thanks!! I was having the backlight lights up for 1 second and then goes black issues. Found this thread and that inductor was indeed the issue! $5 off ebay and all is well!!

Comment

Originally posted by gretter74 View Post
                            After replacing the transformer, 2233rz good 2 secs. then goes black still! What next?

Step 1)
                            Unsoldered original inverter transformer.
                            Measurements:
                            s1-s2: no contact!
                            s3-s4: 868 ohms
                            p1-p2: < 1 ohm

From what I read here in this thread, that means one coil is broken.

Step 2)
                            Ordered new part. It's not the same, but it IS a TM-0915. I assume secondary numbering doesn't matter?
                            The old one is TM-0915 TNE0916DT.
                            The numbers on the new part: TM-0915 08TM41AT.

Step 3)
                            Measurements of new part:
                            s1-s2: 1078 ohms
                            s3-s4: 1077 ohms
                            p1-p2: < 1 ohms

Step 4)
                            I've looked closely at all capacitors. I don't see any bulging.

After soldering the new part into place, the problem persists.

What should my next step be?
                            Was I wrong in assuming the to transformers are same?
                            I have this problem exactly, except I also changed all the caps (just not the huge one), and still no luck.

I used the same transformer you did, same part numbers. My old transformer was actually good too but already changed it and now that I'm able to test it using the info in this thread, I realised that it wasn't the issue either.

So with the caps and transformer already changed, what's left?? Were you ever able to solve this gretter74?

Comment

Originally posted by KennySVG View Post
                              I have this problem exactly, except I also changed all the caps (just not the huge one), and still no luck.

I used the same transformer you did, same part numbers. My old transformer was actually good too but already changed it and now that I'm able to test it using the info in this thread, I realised that it wasn't the issue either.

So with the caps and transformer already changed, what's left?? Were you ever able to solve this gretter74?
                              No. I just have basic electronic understanding, but not enough hands on experience to find a solution when the suggested fix didn't work.

I don't have the screen any more.

Good luck tho.

Comment

Not much left except a faulty ccfl tube or wiring on the end of it

Comment

Inveter tester.
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19987
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hello.
                                    I have another 2233RZ display with backlight off.
                                    I already changed all the capacitors except the big one.
                                    I found this thread and I tested the inverter.
                                    S1-S2 895 ohms
                                    S3-S4 896
                                    So I think is ok.
                                    The fist time it went off it did some electrical spark noises. I hit it a few times and backlight come back a few seconds, until some hits later return for a while. Next day backlight didn't turn on.
                                    Then I changed the caps, it did that electrical spark noise again and turn on. Next day off again.
                                    All capacitors look fine.

Display still works, I can see image with a torch. So I'm thinking in changing CCFL lamps with LEDs or trying to find a driver board for the LCD panel.

So, any suggestion for repair, changing CCFL lamps or drivers boards?

Thank you for this topic, BTW. It helped me a lot.

Comment

maybe just be a bad connection to a ccfl lamp

Comment

Alright, so Im reviving this thread instead of creating a new one to simplify things and because this monitor is so old at this point.

I had the same issue as the couple of posters above, replaced the caps (seemed good anyway) and that didnt solve the issue.

The inverter transformer seemed fine too, reading 913-913Ohms, but it had burn marks around the top of it, and to make things worse I didnt find one that had exactly the same part number like other people here, so decided against wasting my time with it.

Long story short I bought an universal inverter board from China, installed it, redid some solder joints that seemed bad, and it worked! The backlight turns on and I can use it fine!

Theres one issue I hope you guys can help me with though, I seem to have lost brightness control and the way it is now makes it waaayy too bright for daily use, almost as if brightness is always cranked up to the max.

This monitor appears to have 2 adjust signals: B-DIM has a 2.2-5.5v range and it seems to adjust brightness a little, non-linearly, and not enough. A-DIM is fixed at 0.75v and doesnt seem to do anything when hooked up to the board, maybe its a PWM signal I cant pick up with the multmeter?

Is there a way I can make it dimmer, using some kind of resistor or something? I dont care so much about being able to adjust it as long as its reasonably dim. Is there anything I can do to help track the issue down? I didnt find any datasheets for the board, so I cant be sure of the voltage range I should use for adjustment, so Im wary of trying to simply generate that signal with or something.

Pictured is a close up of the board and how its installed. Its part number is AVT4029.

I used the SIGON, GND and B-DIM (not pictured) connections from the ribbon connector to the logic board (left of the power board), and a ~13v power source that seemed to go into the stock inverter and had beefier traces for V-IN. (and yes, before you ask, the black wire is actually V-IN and the red one is GND). Also ignore the red wires in the middle of the board, thats because I ruined some traces while replacing the main capacitor
                                        Attached Files

Comment

if the inverter transformer and the caps are ok. and everything seems fine

could be that the CCFL tubes show signs of age and are high resistance.

This means that less voltage comes through the (Inverter Control IC BD9893F) and thus the protective circuit takes effect

one could deactivate the protection circuit and look
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by ck84; 08-21-2020, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X