Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X556UJ ver.2 laptop mainboard dead

Hello ,

I'm trying to repair X556UJ ver.2 laptop mainboard. Board came with damaged USB 3.0 connector that I have desoldered, but board is dead, no led is on.
    I have boardview and some repair guide for version 1.0 and I have 3.3v on power button.
    I have measured some voltages on first regulator and I have +3va, +5va , this is the only heating element and on pin 14 +5VSUS voltage is 0V.
    On battery connector rtc_ldo 3.3v is 2.8v, and on SIO ec_on is 3.3V. On the BIOS leg 8 is giving only 1.0V . PS_ON voltage is OK, but ME_AC_PRESENT is 0.2V
    I have measured all the big coils with ground and the lowest resistance is on +3VADSWO - 1.5ohm and on +1VSUSO - 0.4ohm. Only coil that have voltage is P_CHG_SENSE that is 0.4V.
    No fet seems to be damaged, and there is no change if I press power button, the board is taking only 50mA.
    I have no idea if it is the heating regulator or something else, can you help me ?

Thanks.

Re: X556UJ ver.2 laptop mainboard dead

Sounds like a dead PCH, inject 3V on +3VADSWO, if the PCH heats up, it's dead.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      Sounds like a dead PCH, inject 3V on +3VADSWO, if the PCH heats up, it's dead.
      Before injecting tell me on the regulator chip is it ok 3VADSWO_EN and 5VSUS_EN to have same voltage 3.23V because I think on 5VSUS_EN pin it should be 5V, am I right?
      Here it is the boardview I'm using(only some parts are missing on my version,but position of parts i same)
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1599760269

Comment

If I desolder PJP8704 then +3VADSWO and +5VSUS get 3.3V and 5V. So probably regulator PU8701 even it heats a little, it gets all the signal and give output. What to do next, any help??

Comment

Post#2, piernov has already answered. Why not inject voltage to find out for yourself. I too think its dead pch. Very often if anything goes wrong in usb on soc platform, the soc gets killed.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
            Post#2, piernov has already answered. Why not inject voltage to find out for yourself. I too think its dead pch. Very often if anything goes wrong in usb on soc platform, the soc gets killed.
            Ok I injected 3V and the PCH is heating
            Thanks

Comment

Because PCH is unchangable is there any way to cut some line that is going to PCH usb 3 regulator and get partly working motherboard without usb ???
              Also is there some table what different motherboard model is nearly compattible with this chassis ???

Comment

No, u can't disable some lines make och working. You need to replace the soc

Comment

Working...
                X