Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus UX510U issue with 8 keys on the Keyboard

Originally posted by JG2018 View Post
    You mean the 4 pins not connected to ENE IC? Not really, can double check it but...
    Yes! I mean those. Double check them. Everything else seems to be ok.
    Vinafix is a subscription based paid site. You can't download there for free.....

Comment

Originally posted by KvnTM View Post
      Yes! I mean those. Double check them. Everything else seems to be ok.
      Vinafix is a subscription based paid site. You can't download there for free.....
      Got an account on annual account Vinafix but i'm not able to open the .bin document (which tool can i use to open it properly)? Also the .Fz document, tried to open on a Mac with Fritzing tool but nothing appears in the application :s

Comment

Got an account on annual account Vinafix but i'm not able to open the .bin document (which tool can i use to open it properly)? Also the .Fz document, tried to open on a Mac with Fritzing tool but nothing appears in the application :s
        Openboardview can open .fz files with some key that you have to optain via some IRC Channel but i never bothered doing that. Not really sure how that works to be honest. Maybe a little bit of googling may help. Can you attach the files?

Comment

Openboardview can open .fz files with some key that you have to optain via some IRC Channel but i never bothered doing that. Not really sure how that works to be honest. Maybe a little bit of googling may help. Can you attach the files?
          Here it is
          Attached Files

Comment

.Fz is not allowed by this forum :s

Comment

Connector Pinout:
              Pin 1: KSO7 => EC Pin 46
              Pin 2: KSO0 => EC Pin 39
              Pin 3: KSI1 => EC Pin 56
              Pin 4: KSI7 => EC Pin 62
              Pin 5: KSO9 => EC Pin 48
              Pin 6: KSI6 => EC Pin 61
              Pin 7: KSI5 => EC Pin 60
              Pin 8: KSO3 => EC Pin 42
              Pin 9: KSI4 => EC Pin 59
              Pin 10: KSI2 => EC Pin 57
              Pin 11: KSO1 => EC Pin 40
              Pin 12: KSI3 => EC Pin 58
              Pin 13: KSI0 => EC Pin 55
              Pin 14: KSO13 => EC Pin 52
              Pin 15: KSO5 => EC Pin 44
              Pin 16: KSO2 => EC Pin 41
              Pin 17: KSO4 => EC Pin 43
              Pin 18: KSO8 => EC Pin 47
              Pin 19: KSO6 => EC Pin 45
              Pin 20: KSO11 => EC Pin 50
              Pin 21: KSO10 => EC Pin 49
              Pin 22: KSO12 => EC Pin 51
              Pin 23: KSO14 => EC Pin 53
              Pin 24: KSO15 => EC Pin 54
              Pin 25: GND
              Pin 26: PWR_SW#
              Pin 27: CAP_LED_CON#
              Pin 28: N/C
              Pin 29: N/C
              Pin 30: #5VSUS
              Pin 31: GND
              Pin 32: GND

Confirm those connections and measure directly from connector to ec and append your values to the list. Pin 25 - 32 Should be ok anyways. Pin 1 - 24 are important.
              Pin 1 is marked on your board. Theres a small flipped 1 beneath the first pin.

Comment

Connector Pinout:
                Pin 1: KSO7 => EC Pin 46
                Pin 2: KSO0 => EC Pin 39
                Pin 3: KSI1 => EC Pin 56
                Pin 4: KSI7 => EC Pin 62
                Pin 5: KSO9 => EC Pin 48
                Pin 6: KSI6 => EC Pin 61
                Pin 7: KSI5 => EC Pin 60
                Pin 8: KSO3 => EC Pin 42
                Pin 9: KSI4 => EC Pin 59
                Pin 10: KSI2 => EC Pin 57
                Pin 11: KSO1 => EC Pin 40
                Pin 12: KSI3 => EC Pin 58
                Pin 13: KSI0 => EC Pin 55
                Pin 14: KSO13 => EC Pin 52
                Pin 15: KSO5 => EC Pin 44
                Pin 16: KSO2 => EC Pin 41
                Pin 17: KSO4 => EC Pin 43
                Pin 18: KSO8 => EC Pin 47
                Pin 19: KSO6 => EC Pin 45
                Pin 20: KSO11 => EC Pin 50
                Pin 21: KSO10 => EC Pin 49
                Pin 22: KSO12 => EC Pin 51
                Pin 23: KSO14 => EC Pin 53
                Pin 24: KSO15 => EC Pin 54
                Pin 25: GND
                Pin 26: PWR_SW#
                Pin 27: CAP_LED_CON#
                Pin 28: N/C
                Pin 29: N/C
                Pin 30: #5VSUS
                Pin 31: GND
                Pin 32: GND

Confirm those connections and measure directly from connector to ec and append your values to the list. Pin 25 - 32 Should be ok anyways. Pin 1 - 24 are important.
                Pin 1 is marked on your board. Theres a small flipped 1 beneath the first pin.
                Many thanks for your inputs.

Pin 1 to 26 have indeed continuity with ENE ic. Only pins 27 and 30 doesn't have continuity with ENE ic (and they also give different values than all others pins in diode mode).
                Also as i don't have ENE IC schematics, i don't know which pin is which number in your list :s
                Also what do you mean exactly by appending the values? You mean measuring voltages?

Comment

to open .fz use boardviewer.net
                  I use openboardview with key but you should
                  know how rebuild it....
                  there are some signs of water
                  spillage on the board ?
                  Last edited by jasko_jacker; 12-01-2019, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                    to open .fz use boardviewer.net
                    I use openboardview with key but you should
                    know how rebuild it....
                    there are some signs of water
                    spillage on the board ?

How can you convert a .fz file into a .brd to make it view by openboardview?
                    No water at all, nothing seems damaged so far.
                    Just 8 keys not working at all: y, h, n, u, j, m, 6, 7.

Comment

those keys may well be grouped together . if so the common connection is suspect .

Comment

They are grouped together. I still suspect the connector.

OP:
                        Do you have another flat flex cable with the same pin pitch and count? If yes, measure continuity through the cable to the connector. I'm pretty sure there's one pin that doesn't make contact inside the connector.

Comment

They are grouped together. I still suspect the connector.

OP:
                          Do you have another flat flex cable with the same pin pitch and count? If yes, measure continuity through the cable to the connector. I'm pretty sure there's one pin that doesn't make contact inside the connector.
                          Tomorrow i'll try to make the KB flex a little bit thicker to make better contact. If it doesn't change anything, do you suggest me to solder each pin of KB flex cable directly to the corresponding pin on the board?

Comment

Tomorrow i'll try to make the KB flex a little bit thicker to make better contact. If it doesn't change anything, do you suggest me to solder each pin of KB flex cable directly to the corresponding pin on the board?
                            No, i wont do that. That would be quite messy and unprofessional. Replacing the connector would be the way to go. This would also make it way harder to replace the keyboard or disassemble the laptop again. You could either make the flex thicker or apply pressure with your finger on the connector. Just try everything you can imagine without breaking it

Comment

How can you convert a .fz file into a .brd to make it view by openboardview?
                              No water at all, nothing seems damaged so far.
                              Just 8 keys not working at all: y, h, n, u, j, m, 6, 7.
                              Conversion is a complex job, you first need to decode the fz with a python script and then manually convert it. every software has its use, I know opemboardview from the first releise and it was designed mainly for Mac boards.
                              I don't think the author is offended if you use other software as the .fz because of the key are not easily supported.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                                Conversion is a complex job, you first need to decode the fz with a python script and then manually convert it. every software has its use, I know opemboardview from the first releise and it was designed mainly for Mac boards.
                                I don't think the author is offended if you use other software as the .fz because of the key are not easily supported.
                                We already fixed the issue with the fz file and it works perfectly with fz key.
                                Sure, it has its problems but it does what it is supposed to.

Comment

I was referring to someone who does not know how
                                  get the key and insert it in the code and then rebuild all.

Comment

No, i wont do that. That would be quite messy and unprofessional. Replacing the connector would be the way to go. This would also make it way harder to replace the keyboard or disassemble the laptop again. You could either make the flex thicker or apply pressure with your finger on the connector. Just try everything you can imagine without breaking it
                                    So made the flex thicker, changed nothing. The connector keyboard seems in perfect condition :s what would be your next move (don't have a keyboard connector in stock unfortunately and customer needs it urgently)? Thanks for your help

Comment

So made the flex thicker, changed nothing. The connector keyboard seems in perfect condition :s what would be your next move (don't have a keyboard connector in stock unfortunately and customer needs it urgently)? Thanks for your help
                                      Next step would be what I already said. Get another flex cable with both ends open and plug it into the connector. Now measure each pin between connector and flex cable. That would either prove a connection problem or dismiss it.

If all pins are ok you most likely have a damaged EC. Highly unlikely but could be... You don't have any donor board with the same connector? There aren't many different types.

Are you 1000% sure that both keyboards you tested are ok?

Comment

Next step would be what I already said. Get another flex cable with both ends open and plug it into the connector. Now measure each pin between connector and flex cable. That would either prove a connection problem or dismiss it.

If all pins are ok you most likely have a damaged EC. Highly unlikely but could be... You don't have any donor board with the same connector? There aren't many different types.

Are you 1000% sure that both keyboards you tested are ok?
                                        I don't think i have a both ends open similar flex cable but will double check it.

Will double check for same connector, so suggest me to replace it, right?

I can assume yes as the guy who sold it to us explained he had exactly the same issue on the PC he wanted to replace it (so if both keyboards have exact same issue knowing it happens with no particular reason, most probably a board level issue, right?)

Comment

I don't think i have a both ends open similar flex cable but will double check it.

Will double check for same connector, so suggest me to replace it, right?

I can assume yes as the guy who sold it to us explained he had exactly the same issue on the PC he wanted to replace it (so if both keyboards have exact same issue knowing it happens with no particular reason, most probably a board level issue, right?)
                                          If a new connector & keyboard doesn't fix the issue the problem will be somewhere else. Probably the EC. You should invest in a keyboard tester

Comment

Working...
                                          X