Recommend: Caps for board recap of msi 875p-neo2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommend: Caps for board recap of msi 875p-neo2

hmm, while desoldering the old caps, i noticed my board has got 3 small solder pads around the positive terminal pads of 6 caps. these 3 small solder pads only appear on the vrm out cap mounting points.

wud like to know if there will be a problem if the 3 small solder pads are shorted to the positive terminal cap pad cuz my soldering skillz arent exactly l33t and its difficult to solder the caps on without solder spilling over to the adjacent small solder pads.

Comment

Re: Recommend: Caps for board recap of msi 875p-neo2

argh! FAIL! i recapped the board but it still wont boot. no display, no beeps. just stays in power on limbo like before.

im thinking the bios chip is bricked, the vrm mosfets are shot as well or the northbridge might have a balling problem.

my board has these little silver lines that run to the cpu socket. are these the vcore measurement points? i tried to measure the voltage and they all read 0.95V. i think the mosfets might be shot as well if they only produce 0.95V.

also the northbridge runs hot even tho it wont boot. might have a balling prob perhaps? but balling probs on intel chipsets are very rare.

damn i think im about to toss the board.

Comment

Working...
      X