Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acer V17 Nitro-Vn7-791g gtx860m fails and give BSOD when starts the graphic card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer V17 Nitro-Vn7-791g gtx860m fails and give BSOD when starts the graphic card.

Hi all, thanks for any help,

While playing game, graphic card had an error and then computer got BSOD. It get worse in time and now whenever I start gpu required programs, it fails and restart without graphic card. Then I shut down and open, it stucks at ACER logo screen then I force shut down. After that it starts normally with graphic card.

I gave it to a service and they changed GPU chipset but it didn't work, they mounted my original chipset and gave my money back. So, I guess it's some kind of power supply issue and want help from you. By the way, gpu worked normally in benchmark tests normally, it just had problem when I did alt+tab or game screen changing but now it doesn't either I'm adding chipset and error photos.
    Attached Files

Re: Acer V17 Nitro-Vn7-791g gtx860m fails and give BSOD when starts the graphic card.

With how cooked the GPU is I would definitely not trust it in any case.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Re: Acer V17 Nitro-Vn7-791g gtx860m fails and give BSOD when starts the graphic card.

So, you offer to take it another service for reballing?

Comment

Why would you reball a cooked chip? It has to be replaced with a good GPU — but that's the problem, finding a good GPU.

EDIT: see-ic has some for a reasonable price, hopefully they are good.
        Last edited by piernov; 05-26-2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Before thinking about unsoldering or changing a chip of this type which is then difficult to find, it would have been better to investigate the video memory or other. It is strange that a technician first puts a "new, but didn't work" chip and then puts back what "perhaps" gave problems, now certainly it should be changed.

Comment

I suspect the VRAM is failing or not soldered properly.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

At first, the graphic card was working properly at benchmark tests, video memory tests or etc.. even I could play world of tanks in low graphics. Whenever I raise graphic level high( this is offered by game), card fails when I finish the match and return the game garage. But now card can't start normally.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                Before thinking about unsoldering or changing a chip of this type which is then difficult to find, it would have been better to investigate the video memory or other. It is strange that a technician first puts a "new, but didn't work" chip and then puts back what "perhaps" gave problems, now certainly it should be changed.
                The technician told me that there was a problem on the chip base of the motherboard but they couldn't detect.

Comment

The GPU is bad anyway now, so it has to be replaced and then maybe there'll still be the original issue to fix.
                  Once the GPU is replaced you can always try to run a VRAM memtest and a power stress test to see if that gives any error.

Comment

Well guys, thanks for your asnwers. Now I will search for a qulified service for chip change.

Comment

Working...
                    X