Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
    This method is not okay... You should warn people that MPM will be unlocked and all DMI must be reinserted again.

Try this instead - you just need to reset security settings to default after you get into bios.
    where is offset to fix sir?

Comment

Hi everyone, quick question: I'd like to avoid to desolder chip, since laptop si still under warranty for 6 months. For that, I'd like to dump EPROM with a clip (may not work, of course, since chip is still soldered).

First, did you have success with an in-circuit reading? Second, do you know where I can purchase a clip, but not an SO type, but a QFN type? (QFN-8)?

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by black0hackers View Post
        where is offset to fix sir?
        There is none to tell. Point me to your file, I'll do it manually for now.

Comment

There is none to tell. Point me to your file, I'll do it manually for now.
          Here is it Sir. Original Main and Ec bios file add below
          i has do it by myself: replace EC bios file (non pass) from another laptop, password is remove, but there are is problem when it turn on even when i clear ME Region Main bios.
          display showing
          "HP Endpoint Security Controller Problem
          There is a problem with the HP Endpoint Security Controller on the unit
          Please contact HP Inc. to have the unit serviced "
          Can you fix it to use for another Laptop bios password
          thanks you!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi to all, this works for HP Sure Start Password? Thanks

Comment

Here is it Sir. Original Main and Ec bios file add below
              i has do it by myself: replace EC bios file (non pass) from another laptop, password is remove, but there are is problem when it turn on even when i clear ME Region Main bios.
              display showing
              "HP Endpoint Security Controller Problem
              There is a problem with the HP Endpoint Security Controller on the unit
              Please contact HP Inc. to have the unit serviced "
              Can you fix it to use for another Laptop bios password
              thanks you!

First you would want to flash back both original files, just to see if that error disappears.

let me know if it disappears, then I will try to patch correctly.

Comment

First you would want to flash back both original files, just to see if that error disappears.

let me know if it disappears, then I will try to patch correctly.
                it disappears sir. only aks for password

Comment

it disappears sir. only aks for password

Try this and let me know if it works or has any issues. Flash only EC bios.

You will get an error first boot, just ignore it. Go to bios, reset security settings to factory default. If you can restart successfully without any errors then it works. Please let me know.
                  Attached Files

Comment

You will get an error first boot, just ignore it. Go to bios, reset security settings to factory default. If you can restart successfully without any errors then it works. Please let me know.
                    it working, password is gone. now i test it on another laptop and let you know how it going! many thank you to Sir!

Comment

Nice. Do not use the same file on another laptop, you will brick it. Make copies of both chips, just in case and just send the EC file here. It's a bit tricky to get it correct.

Comment

Hello friend I need your help please, I have this equipment with password
                        HP Elitebook 840R G4 I tried to clean the file with the tool that you published on the 32mb chip, but it did not work apparently the password is on the 16mb chip you. could you check it please.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aldopc View Post
                          HP Elitebook 840R G4 I tried to clean the file with the tool that you published on the 32mb chip, but it did not work apparently the password is on the 16mb chip you. could you check it please.
                          if it works enter the DMI information ... proceed as in the video ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T57ktw8n3Y
                          Attached Files
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                            if it works enter the DMI information ... proceed as in the video ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T57ktw8n3Y
                            Hello Plague Friend, I recorded both files that you gave me but there is no image, I have reloaded the original files and I have an image .... I appreciate your help, this model seems to be different in the forum there is nothing about this version (840R G4) Helpme please..

Comment

Originally posted by aldopc View Post

Nah, this still needs main bios mod only. This should work fine and without needing any messing around with DMI.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nah, this still needs main bios mod only. This should work fine and without needing any messing around with DMI.
                                Excellent friend RethoricalCheese, it worked perfect, but tell me I did it with your v1 tool, and it didn't work, did you do it manually? or I did something wrong thank you very much master.

Comment

I did it with my new and improved tool which I have not published yet (because automatic unlocks on newer models is a bit more tricky than it seems. Still needs more improving and testing).
                                  Old tool had a few bugs with certain bios dumps and your bios dump was an example of that.

Comment

I did it with my new and improved tool which I have not published yet (because automatic unlocks on newer models is a bit more tricky than it seems. Still needs more improving and testing).
                                    Old tool had a few bugs with certain bios dumps and your bios dump was an example of that.

46 / 5000
                                    Resultados de traducción
                                    Ok, I'll keep an eye on the new version, thanks.

Comment

Please unlock hp 430-g1
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Can you make patch (unlock) password for my HP 840 G5.

This is EC file...
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by keczuk View Post
                                          Can you make patch (unlock) password for my HP 840 G5.

This is EC file...

Be sure to reset security settings to factory default.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X