Acer AL2017 w/blown EA1532A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer AL2017 w/blown EA1532A

The EA1532A in my much beloved Acer AL2017 just blew up but good. Yes, I have been using this monitor for 14 years.

Some resistors close to the EA1532A look like they may have bought it too; see photo. Should I just replace all of the smd components in the primary section? I will be waiting a while for the EA1532A parts to get here.

The primary cap has some crust on the positive lead (see other photo). Could failure of the primary cap be what killed the EA1532A?

I've read all of the prior old threads about the EA1532A and this Delta DAC-19M005, so most of my questions have already been answered. Although I'm still not quite sure what other parts typically go with the EA1532A.
    Attached Files

Re: Acer AL2017 w/blown EA1532A

Power Supply Inverter Delta DAC-19M005
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks very much, very helpful!

Do you happen to know which other variants of this delta power supply are functionally equivalent to the DAC-19M005? Based on some claims in listings for used boards on ebay, it seems that the DAC-19M008, DAC-19M009, DAC-19M010, and maybe the DAC-19M003 might be drop in replacements?
      Last edited by slap_happy; 10-12-2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I found and ordered (on ebay) a working monitor that uses the same power supply for dirt cheap. The screen is in bad shape, but I just intend to take the power supply out of it.

I still intend to rebuild the original power supply once the EA1532A parts get here from china in a few weeks or so. I will post an update once I have installed the new parts in the original supply.

Thanks to all for the help.

Comment

I ordered an entire used replacement DAC-19M005 board from a chinese seller on ebay.

The first image is the exact image from the seller's ebay listing, which is the DAC-19M005, the same model as my failed board.

The second image is what the seller sent, a DAC-19M002.

The boards are relatively similar, although on the 002 board the lamp sockets are placed differently compared to the 005 board.

The 002 board almost looks like a two lamp board, because two of the sockets are so far away from the transformers.

I've already verified that the header to the logic board on the 002 supply has the same voltages as the 005 supply board.

Is the 002 power supply board a four lamp board? Does it matter which lamp goes to which socket on the board?

I don't mind some risk in trying it if it might work, but if it is obvious that it could never work, then of course I wouldn't want to bother trying it.

The chinese seller has ignored my messages on ebay about this.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, I'm about to try the DAC-19M002 power supply board in my Acer AL-2017A. Wish me luck. I will report the results.

Also, I mentioned in the first post to this thread that the EA1532A had blown up on my original board.

It turns out that it was not a EA1532A on my original board, but a DAP8A.

I could only see the tailing "A" on the original part because the rest of the part was blown up. Based on reading old threads here, it seemed that is was a EA1532A.

I understand that a DAP8A (aka DAP008D or DAP008DR2G) is something like a NCP1203D60R2G, but I don't know if a EA1532A part is also something like a DAP8A or NCP1203. That is why I just decided to buy an entire used replacement board.

Comment

I replaced the power supply board and now my Acer AL-2017A is up and running again.

Even though there wasn't much response to this thread, I used over a dozen old (and very long) threads on this forum that were very helpful. It's great that all of those old threads are available and accessible.

I don't know what I'd do if CCFL backlit computer displays become totally unavailable and unrepairable. While my AL-2107A was down, I tried over half a dozen LED backlit displays, and I just can't tolerate them - no matter how they are adjusted or calibrated. The headaches and eye pain was unbearable.

Fortunately, I'm getting older, so my lifespan probably won't extend into a totally CCFL-less world. For young people who've been on LED backlighting their whole lives, time will tell of the long term effects.
              Last edited by slap_happy; 11-10-2021, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X