Gigabyte GTX1080 Xtreme Gaming All Rails OK, no post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte GTX1080 Xtreme Gaming All Rails OK, no post

Hi, im working in a GTX1080 that has all the rails voltages, CPU, Mem, 5V, 3.3, 1.8 and 1V, the core heats to 25 degrees, nothing important, but the memory, in workings cards, use to heat a bit too, and in this card doesnt, I have Voltage 1.35V in memory rail and assume its ok, but the card isnt recognized, tried all the bios from techpowerup.

What should i look now?

Thanks a lot

Re: Gigabyte GTX1080 Xtreme Gaming All Rails OK, no post

PEX reset. Pin B11 on the pcie connector. Make sure it has 3.3 volts on that pin. If you can track it to a resistor or AND gate, check that, too.

You're flashing it with a ch341?

Comment

i thinks that volt of vram is wrong. i have case look like u. 1050 all voltage is standard value but vram break down to 1.35 when vram have 1.5 this card was export picture. I think gpu wrong frequency.
      PC work for schemaltic:
      Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
      CPU: I3-3240
      Ram: 16Gb
      Graphic Card: GTX 1050Ti zotac 4Gb Mini
      SSD: 120Gb
      HDD: 2Tb

Comment

Originally posted by ductranvinh@gmail.com View Post
        i thinks that volt of vram is wrong. i have case look like u. 1050 all voltage is standard value but vram break down to 1.35 when vram have 1.5 this card was export picture. I think gpu wrong frequency.
        The GTX 1050 uses gddr5, which takes 1.5V. The GTX 1080 uses gddr5X, which takes 1.35V.

Comment

Well, DrasticRepairs hit the "G-Spot", it was a missing resistor in the PEX Reset going from B11 or A11, now the card runs perfect, the funny part is that there is supposed to be a chip called U5 and other resistors and they arent installed from factory, they decided not to install them and that missing resistor, in the boardview is a 0ohm resistor, i put a new one and as I said, PERFECTTTTT

Thanks a lot to DrasticRepairs (my new GOD) and all the comunity of this forum.

Ductranvinh, those mem run at 1.35V, did you post your graphic card problem???

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by foshland View Post
            Well, DrasticRepairs hit the "G-Spot", it was a missing resistor in the PEX Reset going from B11 or A11, now the card runs perfect, the funny part is that there is supposed to be a chip called U5 and other resistors and they arent installed from factory, they decided not to install them and that missing resistor, in the boardview is a 0ohm resistor, i put a new one and as I said, PERFECTTTTT

Thanks again
            Glad to hear that was all it was! Usually it's just a last ditch effort to check that. It's not all that common on the 10 series. The 20 series and AMD RX 400/500 have an AND gate that goes bad all the time, though.

and yeah. I was wrong about it being B11. It's A11. I got my sides mixed up. "A" is the back and "B" is the front. Seems kinda backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by foshland View Post

Thanks again
              I give back for customer. My Full Problem with 1050
              Frist when i recive it not 0.9v gpu,not 1.5v vram, then i measure pin en of uP9509P it lost 3.3v.
              After that i bought schemaltic of gv-1050 OC,i see en pin really have 2.7v. it begin form Q504,i remove it but don't have en signal. i was jump 3.3v form L to en pin. And i have 0.9v Vcore this cool,1.35v Vram,but GPU heat is wrong .It temp not look like GPU working,some times when vram have enough 1.5v and this card export picture but boot to bios this card lost all volt. This card boot some 5 times and it burn at Diot 6.Then i think Hz GPU working wrong
              PC work for schemaltic:
              Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
              CPU: I3-3240
              Ram: 16Gb
              Graphic Card: GTX 1050Ti zotac 4Gb Mini
              SSD: 120Gb
              HDD: 2Tb

Comment

Working...
              X