Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX1080Ti founders edition diagnosis

Hi Everyone
    I am after a bit of help with a GTX1080TI founders edition card that isn't recognized by the computer. All voltages are there but the core is slightly warm and gets 0.8v, the memory gets 1.35v, the pex gets 1v, i have 1.8v, 5v and 3.3v. Is there something that i can check to make the core enable? Maybe something in the PEX lines? i cant seem to find a schematic or board viewer that suits.
    Resistances are: Mem 45 ohms
    1.8v 210 ohms (this may be low)
    pex 1v 134 ohms
    5v 1.27k ohms
    core 0.3 ohms

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Kurt

Re: GTX1080Ti founders edition diagnosis

Hi, I was helped with a problem similar in here

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101866

try

Comment

Oof. 1.8V should be between 600 ohms and 900 ohms. And that's being generous. I'm pretty sure it's a dead core, but you can check pin a11 pexrst on the pcie connector. That's on the back right next to the notch. Track it as far as you can. It might go to an AND gate, or a resistor, then to the core. Also check resistance on it.
      I think you're out of luck though. A low resistance on 1v8 is never a good sign.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the responses.
        I have also been suggested to take the bios chip off and the buck converter for the 1.8 and retest the resistance just incase. It's probably dead but I may aswell try. What sort of resistance do you usually get on pin A11? I have a working 1060 I may be able to compare it too if they are comparable?

Thanks again

Comment

Check if you have all the pcie data lane caps on the backside near the pci connector, there are a lot of them. Sometimes they get ripped off from the card when handling. They are usually 0402 case 220nF. You can also measure all the address line of the frontside pci connector against ground in diode mode, but place positive pole to the ground. These lines are always 2 together, you can recognize this easy on the tracks being parallel and near together. You schould get some 0.4V reading. They go directly to GPU mem controller, and all must be ca 0,4V.
          Last edited by DynaxSC; 01-05-2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X