XBOX 360-E model 1538, PSU pinout wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBOX 360-E model 1538, PSU pinout wanted

I've found an XBOX console (just the console), there are no voltage indications on the board, it's a single axial multiconductor jack and doesn't appear real common, can't even find a pic of this board. I believe it needs +12v and +5vsb but no idea where to solder wires to on the jack connections so I need a pinout of the plug or jack and can't find any.

Re: XBOX 360-E model 1538, PSU pinout wanted

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=xbox360+ps...t-wt&kv=1&kh=1

you dont try very hard

Comment

You didn't try very hard either. Re-read my post. That is not the correct connector. It is a single axial multiconductor connector, as I clearly stated.
      I've spent the last two or three days looking so don't assume.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SteveNielsen; 02-16-2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

well you didnt say it was a slim - what's the model number.

Comment

try this:
          http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=41340.0

Comment

That's because to my knowledge it is not a Slim, the case is not the design with the waist. It might be referred to as a Slim by some but there is nothing indcating that on the case or eslewhere. I gave the model number is in the title: model 1538.

Comment

Thanks but that's not the same board. The power jack solder pads aren't the same arrangement and other parts in the area are different. I'm tying to get a decent pic or two but having trouble. The manf date is 2013-11-14 if that matters.

Here's a pic (finally)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by SteveNielsen; 02-16-2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

pinouts are there.
                you can see the ground,
                the other heavy ones must be 12v,

that only leaves the 5v standby and the 3.3v switching signal.
                trace those to see where they go, the 5v probably has a nice cap on it, the other is a switching signal so probably goes to a transistor.

Comment

i think i found the solution in case it doesn't work swap 5v with pwr enable
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you guys. It's more to go on than I had

I didn't see any pinouts that matched my board but I'll look at that link again stj. It would be a piece of cake if I could just find a pinout of the dang power plug.

Comment

just remember that the xbox wants 5v standby, but it only outputs 3.3v to turn the 12v on.
                      so it's NOT exactly ATX compatable.

you would need to add a transistor to connect the atx psu power-on signal to ground from the 3.3v signal.
                      Last edited by stj; 02-16-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

My testing ATX has the pwr-on line tied to ground and uses AC switch for power on.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
                          My testing ATX has the pwr-on line tied to ground and uses AC switch for power on.
                          I'm not sure if that will work exactly. It's better to have the Xbox control the PSU. It's still very easy to do. I will try to make a schematic circuit of how to do that tonight or tomorrow. It's pretty easy, though. All you need is either a small MOSFET or NPN BJT and a 100-500 Ohm resistor.

As for the pinouts, I think what dragos2009 posted is right. Post a picture of the top of your board, though. I am a little more familiar with that since I remember these Xbox 360 slims had almost identical standby power section to the older Xbox 360s.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                            I'm not sure if that will work exactly. It's better to have the Xbox control the PSU. It's still very easy to do. I will try to make a schematic circuit of how to do that tonight or tomorrow. It's pretty easy, though. All you need is either a small MOSFET or NPN BJT and a 100-500 Ohm resistor.

As for the pinouts, I think what dragos2009 posted is right. Post a picture of the top of your board, though. I am a little more familiar with that since I remember these Xbox 360 slims had almost identical standby power section to the older Xbox 360s.
                            Thanks for the reply. Somehow I missed it for a few days, anyway here's a pic of the top at the pwr jack. I haven't done anything with it yet. I have other PSUs I can use besides the one I modded for testing so that's not a problem.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the late response (had some dumb uni assignments due).

Okay, looks like I have forgotten this board layout quite a bit indeed.
                              On the older Xbox 360's there were two SOT-232 "1117" adjustable regulators - one for 3.3V and one for 1.8V standby rails. On the non-HDMI versions, both of these regulators had their "Input" pins connected to the 5VSB supply, which went directly to a pin on the power connector. On the HDMI 360's, they added a diode before the 1.8V regulator but not the 3.3V regulator.

That said, have a look at "U5A1" and "U5A2" - based on some searching online, I think these should be the 3.3V and 1.8V regulators for the Standby section. One or both of these regulators should have at least one of their pins connected to the 5VSB rail.

So basically, put your multimeter on lowest resistance scale or continuity. Put one probe on one of the power connector pins that is NOT 12V or Ground (so that really only leaves 5VSB and PS_ON). With the other probe, see if any of the pins on those regulators reads a low resistance or multimeter beeps. If none, put probe on the second pin on the power connector that is NOT 12V or Ground. Repeat exercise above.

As for the Xbox 360 PS_ON to ATX PSU PS_ON circuit, I still haven't drawn that - sorry. I will do that soon, though. So hopefully if someone else bumps into this thread, they can get all of the info here.

Comment

Thanks. When I get the board back on the bench I will do as you say and let you know how it goes. We're doing spring cleaning and I'm focused on getting rid of useless e-junk

I'm curious, what is the 1.8v used for on the board?
                                Last edited by SteveNielsen; 03-06-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Okay, I finally drew the circuit - or several circuits that is. See attached image here:
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1425700862
                                  Any of these three circuits should be able to "convert" the Xbox 360 PS_ON signal to an ATX PSU PS_ON signal. Actually, all these circuits are doing is simply inverting the signal (i.e. they are inverters). I haven't really tested any of them myself, but I think they should work.

I'm curious, what is the 1.8v used for on the board?
                                  On the older 360's, I think the HANA used it. Maybe the onboard flash memory and Southbridge too, though I'm not sure anymore (been 3 years since I did repairs). I don't think I have a dead Xbox 360 board around here with a lifted HANA chip to check.

We're doing spring cleaning and I'm focused on getting rid of useless e-junk
                                  Ah yes, that time . I need to do some of this myself. Was planning on making some shelves in my closet to store my collection of desktops and CRT monitors. But with the snow yesterday, I don't think that will be happening soon (would rather not cut any wood inside).

Worst part is, when college is over in the spring and I come back home, I will have another 5 CRT monitors and 4 more desktops, among other things, to figure out where to store. These things just won't die so I feel bad throwing them away. And no one else wants to use them either.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                  X