Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
    Not correct It's just that it seems a little bit hit-n-miss for now. I've done a few here when I have been 100% certain it works on that machine.
    A small part of first padding on 16MB needs to be cleared.

Just in case backup your 32MB and then try this.
    That worked for me. Thank you very much.

By any chance can you help me with the other 2? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.
    Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone please tell me what my power on password is on the bios dump ive attached? Ive been trying for days now to do it myself and cant figure it out lol
      The clip that came with the ch341 just broke on me and Im about to throw my pc out the window lol

(Im very very sorry if im doing this the wrong way I'm brand new to this forum and it wouldnt let me attach a .bin file)
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
        try..
        Sadly not work. Laptop doesn't turn on. Keyboard light is all the time on. Fan not turning on. Power led blinking orange.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by skinner View Post
          That worked for me. Thank you very much.

By any chance can you help me with the other 2? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.
          If I understood RethoricalCheese hint correctly, things should work out this way.
          Your feedback awaited:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Vesko356; 08-01-2021, 08:21 PM.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.​
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Nope, that's not the right keyword. BUT who knows, it might work.

5cg04218cq is another one that I am quite sure should work. And try 5cg0421f1r from Vesko.

Back up 32MB from both machines, just in case.
            Attached Files

Comment

hi, i have tested hp tool on probook 6570b , but now laptop wont start .
              eeprom readed with vvdi porg .

ori file and unlocked file are in attachement.

somebody can help me?

many thanks

(sorry for my bad english, i'm belgian ) (and italians has better football )
              Attached Files

Comment

try
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brianmathews99 View Post
                  Can anyone please tell me what my power on password is on the bios dump ive attached? Ive been trying for days now to do it myself and cant figure it out lol
                  The clip that came with the ch341 just broke on me and Im about to throw my pc out the window lol

(Im very very sorry if im doing this the wrong way I'm brand new to this forum and it wouldnt let me attach a .bin file)
                  I've tried HP unlock tool and the laptop won't power on now. Any help pretty please?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
                    try

many thanks
                    it's ok

Comment

Originally posted by Brianmathews99 View Post
                      I've tried HP unlock tool and the laptop won't power on now. Any help pretty please?
                      And the laptop model number is what ?
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

hi RethoricalCheese i've tried downloading the tool but it says i dont have permission(i have been a member since 2014?) Can you please help me with access to your amazing work? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          And the laptop model number is what ?
                          I apologize I should have given more information from the beginning
                          Hp spectre x360
                          Df0013dx

Comment

Spectre is not probook/elitebook/zbook. Not supported.

Comment

Spectre is not probook/elitebook/zbook. Not supported.
                              In other words (my favorite quote from the topic):
                              All Elitebooks, Probooks and zbooks which are up to ninth generation which should be up to year 2018, like 840 G5, are supported. Newer models are not supported (yet atleast).

No Pavilions or other trash is supported That includes no support for HP 15, 255 etc as far as I know.

Comment

hi, i have 820 g1 or g2?
                                but bios is from 2014 i think.
                                I have the ch programmer, i tried read with clip, nothing,
                                can it be done with other programmer or am i forced to remove the chip ?
                                and can i for example make dump of my locked bios, and find the password myself?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.customer View Post
                                  hi, i have 820 g1 or g2?
                                  but bios is from 2014 i think.
                                  I have the ch programmer, i tried read with clip, nothing,
                                  can it be done with other programmer or am i forced to remove the chip ?
                                  and can i for example make dump of my locked bios, and find the password myself?
                                  Mr.customer
                                  you plan to rot all the threads, thank you for waiting for your answer,
                                  thank you for browsing and reading a minimum the forum in the meantime.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                    If I understood RethoricalCheese hint correctly, things should work out this way.
                                    Your feedback awaited:
                                    Hello,

Thank you for your time. That did work to remove the password but I did get a message regarding the HP Sure Start. It says "hp sure start detected an unauthorized change", which doesn't effect the usage of the laptop but can get annoying. Thankfully, I was able to disable that message in the bios so I did that to work around the error.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by skinner View Post
                                      Hello,

Thank you for your time. That did work to remove the password but I did get a message regarding the HP Sure Start. It says "hp sure start detected an unauthorized change", which doesn't effect the usage of the laptop but can get annoying. Thankfully, I was able to disable that message in the bios so I did that to work around the error.

Thanks again.
                                      You're welcome, thanks for your feedback.

Comment

So it's a half-win

Comment

So it's a half-win
                                          Coooome on, Instead of ruining the celebration here , give some more details about the new method, don't be so mysterious.
                                          Last edited by Vesko356; 08-06-2021, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X