Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by David_J_Brown View Post

What went wrong? (BIOS files zipped & attached)
    It is clear what went wrong looking at the size of the archive - 30.6 KB...

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
    W25Q128XXXXX is 128 Megabits flash memory chip = 128 Megabits (Mb) = 16,384 KiloBytes (KB)
    So the correct bios bin file for your machine must be 16,384 KB.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Fair play, I thought that, but .....you know...I was hoping it wasn't fubar.

I've been playing with the Ch431 on scrap chips, just reading them and stuff (getting better with the clip), also started using NeoProgrammer instead of the included one.

Checked my pins and they all seem to be 3.3v so I don't need the 5v hack.

Next question, does anyone have an 840 G2 BIOS I can try an flash? Failing that I am going to have to de solder aren't I? Then either flash an image or buy a new 25Q128A?

Cheers,

D

Comment

Sorry to bother but I have 2 more dumps from an HP 830 G7 that have a bios password and was looking for some help. Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

i will try to use it

Comment

Originally posted by skinner View Post
            Sorry to bother but I have 2 more dumps from an HP 830 G7 that have a bios password and was looking for some help. Thanks.
            Try & leave feedback:
            Attached Files

Comment

I ask the Great Nobles for help.
              I can not reset the password for the HP645 G4 BIOS. I tried using this utility. The chip is sewn, but when turned on, the password for entering the BIOS pops up all the same.
              Maybe someone can overwrite this password?
              Bios attached below.
              THANKS
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to bother but I have 1 more dumps from an hp probook 450 g7 that have a bios password and was looking for some help. Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Genyi View Post
                  Sorry to bother but I have 1 more dumps from an hp probook 450 g7 that have a bios password and was looking for some help. Thanks.
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=91780&page=2

Comment

Becko356. Fine! Everything works! Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                      Just used it and works fine.

Did you put HPUnlocker.exe in C:\ or D:\ directory? If your directory has spaces or maybe some strange letters in it, it will give the error you wrote as I wrote before.
                      sorry But I have a question
                      can we make a bios dump that just make some line clear and the other line remains untouched
                      for removing password when we have at least 100 pcs from one model with bios lock problems

Comment

You can use flashrom and tell it to only read/write a small section. That's what I do to unlock HPs in just a few seconds

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                          You can use flashrom and tell it to only read/write a small section. That's what I do to unlock HPs in just a few seconds
                          Could you explain it to me

Comment

Read the manual, it's easy enough to understand. But it is only useful if you have to unlock tens or hundreds of same models like you have.

Comment

Hi all,

I would like to have an answer for some little details before flashing a bios.
                              First of all I read all 53 page of this thread but didn't find my answer.

I would like to know if the bios provided by hp in their bios update package are an entire bios ? which would be superb for my need.
                              Second, does your unlocker @RethricalCheese work for a HP Z440 ?

I looked and it has a W25Q128FVSQ chip which retain the bios password even after a cmos reset, but luckily no trace of a second chip.
                              I will be using a CH431a with neoprogrammer ( it seems like the most appreciated here ) like everybody but I will be stuck with the clip as by budget cost I can't afford a desoldering tool.

Thanks

Comment

For Intel boards, it does not contain whole content.

On your machine, look for green jumper, remove it, turn on your PC and enter bios. After that turn it off and put back the jumper.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply,

Unfortunately the green jumper only remove the power-on and startup password not the admin password
                                  I also tried the boot block recovery but it failed to change the bios ( might be because it's not the entire bios as you said )
                                  If I have to use your unlocker do you think it will work ?
                                  The HP Z440 is a machine from 2015 but being a workstation and not a laptop, I would like your confirmation.

Comment

I am very certain it does remove admin password.

Comment

Ok,

I will retry this before testing with the chip and come back to you tomorrow ( the ch341a should arrive tomorrow )

Thanks

Comment

Hi, i'm back with some news

First my ch341a will arrive in late afternoon in my country ( currently 11am )
                                        Second, @RethoricalCheese, your jumper may remove the admin password BUT I dumped the bios config via the hp bios config utility and found that this jumper can be disabled
                                        Here it is in attached files ( I deliberatly deleted some informations specific to my pc )
                                        Now that my only way to remove it is by your unlocker, do you think it will work ?
                                        Again, the boot block recovery procedure doesn't work

Thanks in advance
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, well, I don't know. Since the hundreds or thousands of desktops I've unlocked all have been using jumper, I have not taken a look inside the bios yet.

Just read your bios, make a topic, upload it there and we shall see what we can do.

Comment

Working...
                                          X