MS Surface no touchscreen after cleaning ME Firmware **FIX**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have to clean the ME firmware on **some microsoft surface models the touchscreen can stop working.

** Some models do not need this fix.

*You should install the latest updates from microsoft,including the driver packs before assuming there is a hardware problem.* - See Post #2
    EDIT: If nothing else works try this fix - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...8&postcount=40

Always check a working dump from the same model using FIT.If the working dump default setting for "Integrated Sensor Hub Supported" is set to "NO" then do not change any settings,clean the ME as normal.
    If your working dump models default setting for "Integrated Sensor Hub Supported" is set to "NO" and cleaning the ME firmware does not make the touchscreen work it could be a fault with the screen.

If a working dump models default setting for "Integrated Sensor Hub Supported" is set to "YES",follow the instruction below,using your own bios to retain the serial number and other DMI information.

The touchscreen can be fixed by cleaning the ME firmware and making a change to a few settings in FIT (flash image toolkit).Change the "Integrated Sensor Hub Supported" from NO to YES ,the "ISH Image - InputFile" will change to the bios image path.If the "Integrated Sensor Hub Initial Power Up State" is set to disabled then set it to "Enabled" .After changing those settings clean the ME as normal,the settings wil be retained in the saved xml file.

In picture 1 is a bios dump on the left and a bios with cleaned ME firmware on the right (non working touchscreen,without the fix).Compare the different settings.
    The dump on the left has the correct settings.

open the bios with ME Analyzer using the -dfpt switch

Both bios showing the ME Partition layout.ISHC is the integrated sensor hub firmware partition

Cleaned ME bios,showing the ISCH partition as TRUE after changing the "Integrated Sensor Hub Supported" from NO to YES and
    changing "Integrated Sensor Hub Initial Power Up State" to Enabled
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-08-2023, 11:58 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...pdate-manually

If you need to extract the firmware from the MSI installer

The drivers need to be extracted using MSIEXEC command line tool

Launch CMD with elevated permissions

cd to the directory where you have downloaded the MSI drivers package

Type msiexec /a SurfacePro6_Win10_16299_1900307_*.msi TARGETDIR=C:\SurfacePro6Drivers /qn ( * needs

to be replaced with the correct number as included in the file name and you are free to use your own

target directory)

The target directory will be created automatically if doesn't exist already

The drivers will be extracted and saved at C:\SurfacePro6Drivers\SurfaceUpdate\Drivers location

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surface recovery Image https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...recovery-image

Surface Diagnostic Toolkit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-1982eb16f7b5
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-09-2023, 03:15 PM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: MS Surface no touchscreen after cleaning ME Firmware **FIX**

Good job, thank you !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

thank you !
        ************************************************** ***********************************
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>> click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
        ************************************************** ***********************************

Comment

Please instructions build bios logo off
          Last edited by kiensgpro; 03-09-2022, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiensgpro View Post
            Please instructions build bios logo off
            what do you mean logo off, whats the problem,what model number

Comment

Example surface pro 5 size up 4s logo off. Please please instructions how to build the original bios. Can you guarantee me. We tryed clear me and still turn off. But sending the original bios to vinafix build is ok. I please how to do it without anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by kiensgpro View Post
                Example surface pro 5 size up 4s logo off. Please please instructions how to build the original bios. Can you guarantee me. We tryed clear me and still turn off. But sending the original bios to vinafix build is ok. I please how to do it without anyone.
                Read the ME cleaning guide if thats what you want to fix,or post your bios and someone will try to fix it for you

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Comment

OK THANKS BRO. I WILL LEARN IT: chúc mừng:

Comment

Which intel flash image tool version is required for surface pro 6 ?

Comment

Originally posted by ahmypc View Post
                      Which intel flash image tool version is required for surface pro 6 ?
                      Open the bios with ME Analyzer,it will tell you which version it has https://github.com/platomav/MEAnalyzer/releases
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-11-2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        Open the bios with ME Analyzer,it will tell you which version it has https://github.com/platomav/MEAnalyzer/releases
                        Thanks for the reply. I have surface pro 5 with bios software modified to remove uefi password. The original bios was deleted. Different bios gives ME error. Is there any way I can fix it?

Comment

@SMDFlea. my laptop touch not working/ please help me check
                          Attached Files
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests

Comment

Originally posted by clrscr View Post
                            @SMDFlea. my laptop touch not working/ please help me check
                            Whats the model number.Is it the original bios,has it had a password removed or something

Comment

Whats the model number.Is it the original bios,has it had a password removed or something
                              my laptop: surface pro 4, before ROM bios die , don't has original bios , this bios i download from intenet

Comment

Originally posted by clrscr View Post
                                my laptop: surface pro 4, before ROM bios die , don't has original bios , this bios i download from intenet
                                That bios is no good, use one from this forum instead, https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87929 just clean the ME region https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...41&postcount=3

Comment

That bios is no good, use one from this forum instead, https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87929 just clean the ME region https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...41&postcount=3
                                  thanks! i will checking

Comment

I'm trying to solve the same problem... but... how can I extract the BIOS without opening the surface and using a programmer? is there any way?

1000thx for help

Comment

Originally posted by Penetre View Post
                                      I'm trying to solve the same problem... but... how can I extract the BIOS without opening the surface and using a programmer? is there any way?

1000thx for help
                                      Model number ? ,history of the machine .Has it previously had a password removed or the ME firmware cleaned,did the touch just stop working on its own, has the machine been apart before

Comment

Model number ? ,history of the machine .Has it previously had a password removed or the ME firmware cleaned,did the touch just stop working on its own, has the machine been apart before

after an official firmware update, the surface me must be corrupted.
                                        does not finish installing the firmware update, error Code 10. the touch does not work. (Surface ME)

The BIOS has never been touched, the only thing I have done is change all the hardware parts, LCD, Flex, touch plate...

I think that I would only have to modify in the bios, so that the touch is activated.
                                        Last edited by Penetre; 04-16-2022, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X