Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UE32h4510 no picture (Dead IC on buffer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE32h4510 no picture (Dead IC on buffer)

Good day folks. It's been a while now since I've done a TV repair, go figure, and it's time for me to turn to our beloved community for a bit of advice, though I'm pretty sure this one is going in the bin.

The problem is as follows: the TV has sound but no picture. No, it's not a backlight issue, since the backlight comes on fine - it's the complete opposite: it's the picture itself that's not being displayed.

I popped the cover off hoping to find a T-con board to at least give me a glimpse of hope of repairing it, but there isn't one: the LVDS cable goes straight into the buffer board. Fair enough, I began measuring the test points here and there and long story short, I believe I found the issue: it's this IC (IC6) which sits near the VGH and VGL test points which are both dead. Conveniently enough, it also seems to have a burn mark on it, clearly visible in the picture there. That black spec actually came off when I rubbed it with my nail, but the whitish portion just below that is actually a piece of the chip that's missing, so I'd say it's safe to say it's dead. The fuse itself is OK and so is the 3.3v test point, so it hopefully didn't take out something else with it when it went. The panel itself appears to be a hh032agh-r3. The IC is a Q25m 5562a....what the heck is this ? The internet hasn't heard of it apparently and I couldn't even get close to a result....any ideas here or should I just stop right here, pack it all up and take it to the nearest recycling station ? Cheers guys.
    Attached Files
    Wattevah...

Re: Samsung UE32h4510 no picture (Dead IC on buffer)

Maybe the Q25M 5562A is something like this;

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...59f54456bd.pdf
    Last edited by slap_happy; 02-22-2018, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Plenty of 5562A on Ali that suggest that slap happy is right.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        Plenty of 5562A on Ali that suggest that slap happy is right.
        Some of the listings for the 5562A on Ali seem to indicate that the CM501 is an equivalent replacement. I couldn't find a datasheet for the CM501, but some guy is waving one around a few minutes into this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3qTwdd5R7c

Comment

Not sure if anyone is still following this, but I just received and replaced the IC from China and unfortunately no, it didn't solve the issue....either there's something else dead on that buffer, or the main board is not sending a signal...
          Wattevah...

Comment

I have tried replacing chips on buffer twice, and I have failed twice.

There is always another problem which fries the chip.

Also check this out, maybe you will find it useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAqqnh0Z974

Comment

Or the Chinese supplied you with a Duff IC. This has happened to me before.

Comment

When you put in the replacement were you getting VGL and VGH voltages and what about the Vdd, Vda and Vcom voltages are they in spec? Do you have Vin 12V?
                Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 05-24-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                  When you put in the replacement were you getting VGL and VGH voltages and what about the Vdd, Vda and Vcom voltages are they in spec? Do you have Vin 12V?
                  Yes, I have Vin but forgot to check VGL and VGH indeed...I put it back together and I doubt I'll open it up again, but I know for a fact they were missing with the original IC (the one we assume was faulty).
                  Wattevah...

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                    I have tried replacing chips on buffer twice, and I have failed twice.

There is always another problem which fries the chip.

Also check this out, maybe you will find it useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAqqnh0Z974
                    Problem ---> defective capacitor 1mF 25V 34-pin G5562A

Comment

Originally posted by rammer View Post
                      Problem ---> defective capacitor 1mF 25V 34-pin G5562A
                      Do you mean he needed to change out only the capacitor to fix this issue, so the ic he changed out was ok or he needed to change out both?
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-21-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X