Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAMSUNG UE32D4004BW - image slowly fades to black after some time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMSUNG UE32D4004BW - image slowly fades to black after some time.

My uncle brought this TV for me to check out. At first when you turn it on the image looks ok but displaying the test image you can already see about 1cm horizontal strip at the top that looks like it has the green pixels stuck on and some slight horizontal strips at the bottom. Besides that everything else is fine, no ghosting. Then slowly starting at the corners and top middle of the LCD black starts slowly creeping in, almost looks like water soaking into a piece of paper. The longer you wait the worse it gets and eventually really bad ghosting happens. Takes about maybe half to one hour for this to happen. My uncle said he had brought this TV to a repair shop and for what it would cost to repair this he could buy a bigger, better TV so i want to see if i can fix this thing. I haven't done much TV repair so i'm not sure whether this is t-con or LCD, maybe someone can elaborate?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PopcornMobo; 01-03-2018, 01:46 AM.

Re: SAMSUNG UE32D4004BW - image slowly fades to black after some time.

depending on the time you have available you can try a few of the make-shift "cures" for lines on LCD from you tube and maybe your lucky...... LCD faulty.

Comment

Re: SAMSUNG UE32D4004BW - image slowly fades to black after some time.

+1. Bad LCD panel. You can try the method using scotch tape to try to cover up a pin or 2 across the ribbon cables that go into the panel from the tcon. It's a tedious process but you may yield good results.

This is available on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/lQk27rpzcRM
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Working...
      X