Rca 55" lrk55g55r120q stuck in service mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rca 55" lrk55g55r120q stuck in service mode

I have a 55" RCA LRK55G55R120Q that keeps flashing Blue, red, green etc.
    The only info so far is it is in "Purity Check Mode".
    I tried unplugging the set holding the power button for 20 seconds and restarting. At first it seemed to correct the problem but now it is all the time.

I was told it may be a bad eprom, but not having the service schematics I am at a loss.
    Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks,

Dan

Re: Rca 55" lrk55g55r120q stuck in service mode

It is in aging mode. Power off button on the TV or exit button on the remote. To prevent a future backlight failure, I would go back in the service menu and under panel settings, set the backlight to as low as you can tolerate and do it for all inputs. Menu-1-1-4-7 or source-2-5-8-0
    Last edited by neilc6; 09-26-2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

HI. Thanks for the reply.
      I tried a number of way to reset. Sometimes it will work and the set will come on in the normal mode.
      When I shut the tv off, it will come back on with the flashing colors.
      I did see somewhere that if the eprom will not reset it needs to be replaced.
      Dan

Comment

It seems that even when I get it to come on in the normal mode, when I shut the TV off with the remote or the power button it reverts into the aging mode.
        Has anyone had similar trouble with eproms?
        It looks like there is eproms on the main board and the FRC board.
        I serviced consumer electronics for 40 years until I stared working for the DOD servicing tactical communications for the military.
        So I have been away from it for a while. I am on the front end of a learning curve with these flat screens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Test points etc.
        Thanks.

Comment

If you did not, try a factory reset, no joy then try a firmware update/reapply, might not work but couldn't hurt, it does seem like the eeprom may have gone flaky.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-28-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

If I can get into the "normal mode" I will try that, but the last couple times I tried it was a no go.
            Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

TV Fixed. The problem with this RCA 55" TV was a bad FRC Board # RE3355RO11-A1 LF.5M50.C. I tried every suggested way to reset the eprom but none worked. They had temporary results. Once I turned the TV off and back on again it went bad into the aging mode. I replaced the FRC Board instead of just replacing the eprom because the eprom was more than the board. I was able to find one for under 10 dollars with free shipping.
              Thanks to all.
              Dan

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                X