Remove_SMM... UEFI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remove_SMM... UEFI.

Can someone inject what is needed into my bios file? As I am not having much luck with it. You can download my dumped bios flash file using link below;

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5n51f...flash.rar/file

My first attempt to do it, after i flashed it back to machine all I get is a black screen and a number of beeps repeated before machine then shuts off again.

Comment

Originally posted by purana View Post
      Can someone inject what is needed into my bios file? As I am not having much luck with it. You can download my dumped bios flash file using link below;

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5n51f...flash.rar/file

My first attempt to do it, after i flashed it back to machine all I get is a black screen and a number of beeps repeated before machine then shuts off again.
      There is a small switch on the motherboard, should be next to internal battery connector. Press it and hold it down while you are using patched bios.

Had the same issue with X260 today, almost gave up but that switch just had to be pressed.

Laptop might restart several times, that is normal.
      Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 09-30-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

SO 4th Gen you need to replace 2 dxe drivers and for 5,6,7,8 gen you need to replace 3 dxe drivers?
        is this good or did i not understood?

Comment

For 4 and 5 gen I replaced 3 files - LenovoTranslateService, BootOptions and SystemPpisNeededByDxe.

For 6th gen I used LenovoTranslateService and BootOptions. Just in case replaced Fingerprint scanner driver aswell because it was mentioned in an earlier post. Have not tried just using 2 files yet.

Comment

fingerprint scanner driver is this the same as SystemPpisNeededByDxe?
            and do you have the generator

Comment

No, it is not the same. But forget about the fingerprint scanner driver. For 4th gen you need just those 3 files.

I modified LenovoTranslateService file so there is no need for a generator. I don't have a generator.

Comment

can you share this modified file?

Comment

Yes i would be great if your share lenovotranslateservice withou key thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kiknusko View Post
                    Yes i would be great if your share lenovotranslateservice withou key thanks
                    see private mail

Comment

hmmm, i cant enter private mail,
                      can you patch this bios file
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by said7002 View Post
                        see private mail
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                          No, it is not the same. But forget about the fingerprint scanner driver. For 4th gen you need just those 3 files.

I modified LenovoTranslateService file so there is no need for a generator. I don't have a generator.
                          Can you send me modified lenovotranslateservice please ? My email is ************@gmail.com thank you so much
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-30-2019, 05:40 PM. Reason: Removed personal email address

Comment

There is a small switch on the motherboard, should be next to internal battery connector. Press it and hold it down while you are using patched bios.

Had the same issue with X260 today, almost gave up but that switch just had to be pressed.

Laptop might restart several times, that is normal.
                            Ok, I see the little switch down near the internal battery. The only thing I replaced in the bios was the TranslateService, I wasn't sure what else to replace (or where to find things such as BootOptions etc).

Anyone able to patch my BIOS file?

Comment

Originally posted by said7002 View Post
                              see private mail
                              Are you able to share with me also? Please?

Comment

I still get the 5 beeps and using the button didn't help. I'll look into it further when time permits.

Comment

Search previous post in this topic. There was a package which had all 3 files.

Comment

Search previous post in this topic. There was a package which had all 3 files.
                                    Yes, that's the one I tried. I replaced the 2 of the 3 items from within that to my bios but after powering on with that bios it gives 5 beeps a couple of times and machine powers off.

I tried using the button internally and no change.

Comment

hi
                                      said7002 please share lenovotranslateservice withou key thanks

Comment

Originally posted by purana View Post
                                        Yes, that's the one I tried. I replaced the 2 of the 3 items from within that to my bios but after powering on with that bios it gives 5 beeps a couple of times and machine powers off.

I tried using the button internally and no change.
                                        Whats your model, anyway?

Comment

Whats your model, anyway?
                                          Lenovo T460

Comment

Working...
                                          X