New motherboard??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New motherboard??

I have purchased a "New motherboard and Ryzen cpu" from Amazon. My Question,,, Should a new motherboard have any wear marks where mounting screws are that hold it to case. (compression of solder pads around mounting hole) Board looks good????? but i am leary.
    Thanks to all for being__WAR_KITTENS____!

Re: New motherboard??

Of course not, was it fulfilled by a third party vendor ?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I thought as much but wondered if factory did any testing by mounting the board in a case. It was purchased and fulfilled by Amazon and a replacement is on the way. It was probably returned as new. The small solder pads that encircle the mounting holes show the imprint of screws being tightened in the normal way, I just expect new when I believe I am purchasing NEW.
      Thanks to all for being__WAR_KITTENS____!

Comment

I've handled thousands of new motherboards over the years and have yet to see one with screw marks out of the box.
        I know of plenty of items people have purchased as new and they haven't been but that was always fulfilled by a third party not Amazon.
        I wouldn't have thought i would be possible to mix up returns and new with the way their fulfilment centres are run but they do commingle stock with certain vendors so it's possible it was introduced then.

Comment

Working...
        X