Samsung panel or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung panel or ?

Hi... hoping someone has an idea what maybe wrong with my samsung ue43j5600k. I think its the panel but not 100%, so any help would be appreciated. Thx

Pics are upside dwn for some reason..lol
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung panel or ?

I will leave the diagnosis to the local gurus. But my observation is that the menu isn't affected by the stripes, so most likely not the panel but a main board? Are the stripes in same position when menu isnt on screen. Are they impacted by whats on the screen ?

Comment

I would say definitely panel, the menu is affected by the stripes if you look carefully.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It's a common panel fault unfortunately, one gate driver. There are some solutions and i'm experiencing some tries theese days, i hope i can find a better cure. Please don't buy SAMSUNG tv! The simpliest way is to remove the faulty side tab, no need to remove all, first disconnect one side at a time of the tcon>panel ribbons, you'll see one way that has half good image, then remove the tab where the line is, of the side where the image were displayed wrong with the test. Another way conservative is to locate on tcon a silkscreen with one of those labels: VST,STV,ST,STVP,VSTP,VCST, on a tespoint, then locate on the connector of the bad side to which pin is connected to, cut a small stripe of adhesive trasparent tape large like a contact then mask the previous signal, this way leave a thin half line on the screen sadly, it is "possible" to remove it by cutting the shorted output on the faulty gate driver but it's needed a micro hand, micro blade and macro view!!
        Last edited by Davi.p; 09-18-2018, 07:37 AM.

Comment

I would say that the panel is faulty

Comment

DOGPILE!!!!

Panel issue..

Comment

WHAT IS DOGPILE?! Is it SH*T or dumpster? if the screen has side tabs one solution is at hand and perfect screen, the second solution give also a decent image, you have to do prof. graphics with it??
              Last edited by Davi.p; 09-18-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Sorry, my quirky sense of humor.. Meant I was just joining the crowd, "piling on" that it's likely a panel issue...

It may be a tab issue and, as such, your idea might work..

I didn't mean to imply that it was a hopeless cause...

Again, my apologies..

Comment

I've said it because google did not translate DOGPILE...
                  anyway is not the common tab issue is a cof short circuit.. (mmm or some other secret inside it..)
                  Last edited by Davi.p; 09-18-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Dogpile is a metasearch engine for information on the World Wide Web that fetches results from Google, Yahoo!, and Yandex, and includes results from several other popular search engines, including those from audio and video content providers. Wikipedia

It's been around since 1995, I used it years ago.

Comment

In my usage, it was referring to a game we used to play when I was in 3rd grade (long long LONG before the Internet) where we gathered in a grassy field and simply piled up on top of one another.. It was a simpler time..

I feel so old....

Comment

Working...
                      X