Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel 17MB97 motherboard quirks

Anybody familiar with these?

50" Finlux TV with 17MB97 came in for repair. CPU/SoC was shorted, replaced it with another one from a working 48" donor board.

It appears that software somehow prevents booting if SoC and NAND are not from the same chassis. TV is working if I use also NAND from donor board, problem is that picture is upside down.

Verified this behaviour with two other boards, no boot if SoC and NAND are not from same board, it just keeps flashing stby LED.

I was hoping to retain "identity" and features of the original TV, 48" donor has less features.

Does anyone have any tools to fix these as softwares are nowhere to be found?

Re: Vestel 17MB97 motherboard quirks

Write what panel code you have to look for a panel profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.xyz View Post
      Does anyone have any tools to fix these as softwares are nowhere to be found?
      MBOOT.bin this section of firmware responsible on the issue picture is upside down
      BTW 17MB97 share same firmware with 17MB98

try this complete firmware and this or this
      Last edited by Diah; 08-16-2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
        MBOOT.bin this section of firmware responsible on the issue picture is upside down

These files you sharing not firmware with panel files. They just Core firmwares and not fix rotation problems.
        https://www.badcaps.net

Comment

Originally posted by arizanotlari View Post
          These files you sharing not firmware with panel files. They just Core firmwares and not fix rotation problems.
          i know.. he just change the SOC and NAND. not the SPI Flash, MBOOT stored on the spi. so need only firmware matched the original spi.

here all what i have from mb97 dump to any one need.
          Attached Files

Comment

What I'm looking for is a way to make it work with original firmware after replacing only SoC from donor board.

Somehow software checks SoC during boot, could it be MAC address, HDCP key, some unique ID in SoC or what.

Also tried several SPIs from other boards, did not make any difference, still refuses to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.xyz View Post
              What I'm looking for is a way to make it work with original firmware after replacing only SoC from donor board.

Somehow software checks SoC during boot, could it be MAC address, HDCP key, some unique ID in SoC or what.

Also tried several SPIs from other boards, did not make any difference, still refuses to boot.
              yours OP said you have after replace SOC and nand picture is upside down.
              and i give the answer.. if you made the picture displayed correctly all future you are missing from the donor boards can be easily to turn on via usb method i did explain it over this forum several time

MAC address, HDCP key & hdcp2 and PNL are parts at spi. the SOC if its same No. there will be no problem only after reset firmware via service menu to write the new register keys.

EDIT: sorry if i will not answer you or any threats of this forum for long time as i am heading to airport for long biz trip to zone +8UTC.. all what i said you can find them under any product related to vestel boards..

keep healthy all
              chao
              Last edited by Diah; 08-16-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I have Procaster LE-55SN648 TV, (Procaster is a finnish importer trademark to f.ex to Vestel products). Maybe thunder has broken this tv. From power board (17IPS20) comes the right voltages. In main board measured from U94 regulator from the middle pin is 2,4V, to in-pin is coming 5V..So, maybe processor is broken?

-Main board 17MB97
                -The panel in this is VES550UNEL-2D-UO1
                -firmware? number in my main board is 28861180

I found from Ebay a brand new 17MB97 main board, which has the same connectors as mine, (also next to scart, there is a connector f.ex to on/off switch, most of 17mb97's, they do not have this)

Is it possible to get this a brand new main board working in my TV?

Comment

Linkto this main board:
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VESTEL-MA...RUAAOSw2S9ahaU
                  Li

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post

17mb97 - ves400unds-2d-n11-finlux-40inc

Comment

Working...
                    X