asus h61m-k start automatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asus h61m-k start automatically

All good, I have a problem with this board, and if you can help me, thanks in advance:
    The board turns on by itself, does not emit video or hums, I started to see the transistor that drives the inserted processor (h_sktocc) and that was not a problem, the voltages are ok even when the signal (pwrbtn) is 3.3v high and the reset signal is also high (rstcon) fpanel.
    By measuring in EC nuvoton, I realized that rsmrst is high (3.3V) on the plate, I know it shouldn't be high, what should I do?
    another thing: when motherboard power by itself, the voltajes for example 12v 5v. is oscilating! to 12v(9v-12v) for 10-15seconds..then they stabilize
    thanks again
    Last edited by totto210; 10-27-2021, 11:59 PM.

Re: asus h61m-k start automatically

edit:
    the oscillating voltages is for the cpu corrupt i have... whitout cpu voltages are fine.
    i tested again motherboard whitout EC , again start on by itself.
    any ideas?? pch dead??

Comment

Is the CMOS battery any good (3.2V or better)?
      Follow me on YouTube
      ------------------
      Learn Electronics Repair
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Originally posted by dicky96 View Post
        Is the CMOS battery any good (3.2V or better)?
        hi dicky. yes, vbat is ok on io. I have raised te io and start by itself..
        i think pch is bad... but can work that i see motherboards it start automatically and boot ...
        but here i have an excessive consumption in the cpu... i dont know were, probably in pwm, or capacitor in socket etc..
        i burned this cpu rip celeron 10 years of service
        , i kick off this motherboard, thanks all

Comment

Ahaaaa
          Is Vcore too high - like 1.7V? And also check the voltage on the little SMD capacitors integrated on the PCH substrate. Do you have 3.3V and 1.7V? It should be 3.3V and 1.05V (or very similar).

If you have ~1.7V to the PCH it is most likely as dead as your CPU

I had a very similar fault on a very similar motherboard, though I didn't diagnose the correct fault in the video - apart from a faulty PCH. I noted the 1.7V at the time but didn't realize the significance of that until later.

I still have that motherboard, I'm going to try fix the VRM and then see if it works, just out of interest

part 1
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2WQX6FWVNY

part 2
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWuRps-B6VA

Rich
          Follow me on YouTube
          ------------------
          Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Oh also - in my videos the motherboard was tripping out the PSU (even when I forced it to run) although I could not find any shorts.

I didn't damage the CPU as I have used it since to test other boards. I believe this is because I have a good quality ASUS PSU with a very fast protection / over current circuit.

I hope you don't mind me saying that in your pics you look like you are using a cheap generic ATX PSU?

I think your case is a very good example of why you must use a good quality ATX PSU when testing and repairing motherboards and GPUs with unknown faults.

My CPU still works
            Follow me on YouTube
            ------------------
            Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Originally posted by dicky96 View Post
              Oh also - in my videos the motherboard was tripping out the PSU (even when I forced it to run) although I could not find any shorts.

I didn't damage the CPU as I have used it since to test other boards. I believe this is because I have a good quality ASUS PSU with a very fast protection / over current circuit.

I hope you don't mind me saying that in your pics you look like you are using a cheap generic ATX PSU?

I think your case is a very good example of why you must use a good quality ATX PSU when testing and repairing motherboards and GPUs with unknown faults.

My CPU still works
              thank so much sir! .i am following him in ytbe, your videos are the best!
              yes i tested with "generic" psu atx..
              thnks again !

Comment

Working...
              X