LG 47LB6100-UG Flashing on & off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 47LB6100-UG Flashing on & off

If you have an LG 47LB6100-UG and your screen is flashing on and off, the backlights are blinking then it is caused by bad LED lights inside the screen.

Re: LG 47LB6100-UG Flashing on & off

Did you ever fix this problem somehow or just ditched it?
    Theres one available on my local CL.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

I fixed it. I fix lots of TVs but I have to say that fixing it right is a lot of work. The LEDs they use are cheap so to fix it right you have to desolder every LED and replace it with a high quality LED. The LEDs are not expensive but the time to replace them can seem like forever.

Comment

Was it somewhat easy to get to the LED strip? I'm set up to do any job like that but if it's too time consuming, then its not worth the cost for me. Here is the CL post.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/el...646721165.html
        The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

I just took some LEDs from another TV and replaced the ones that were burnt out. I did not replace the whole strip.

Comment

You can buy new LEDs on Aliexpress for $6 for 110 pieces shipped in 1-2 weeks. I have a 858D hot air station. Pop off the lens and you will need to remove the circular paper backing or it will burn. Remove the old LED. Apply flux and replacement LED. I use 400 degF for about 10 seconds. Replace paper backing and I put the lens back with crazy glue and zip kicker accelerator on the lens side. Lens needs to sit flush and exactly centered. You may need to scrape off the old black nubs. I test after each step with a LED tester.

Update the firmware and make sure backlight level is set to 60-70 for ALL inputs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...775437715.html

Comment

I try to set the lens on in the same position it came off so that it will be level. I also use super glue. And I use my small GAOYUE work bench heat gun, I bought it on eBay for about $40. I have a big hot air station but I hardly use that.

Comment

I too have a858D hat air station and replaced individual LED on an entire strip. Actually four strips to repair a TV. It was time consuming but it was a job with much satisfaction after seeing it work. However, I have started to replace entire strips instead as it is a bit more costly but easier on my eyes and back. If I cannot get original new strips I do not buy used strips, at all as they would have some mileage on them and may not last. So I use universal strips that ARE new and just count the number of LEDs per strip to load the Driver as the original.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
                  You can buy new LEDs on Aliexpress for $6 for 110 pieces shipped in 1-2 weeks. I have a 858D hot air station. Pop off the lens and you will need to remove the circular paper backing or it will burn. Remove the old LED. Apply flux and replacement LED. I use 400 degF for about 10 seconds. Replace paper backing and I put the lens back with crazy glue and zip kicker accelerator on the lens side. Lens needs to sit flush and exactly centered. You may need to scrape off the old black nubs. I test after each step with a LED tester.

Update the firmware and make sure backlight level is set to 60-70 for ALL inputs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...775437715.html
                  I would NOT buy the original LEDs that you have in the link, they are only going to die someday. My recommendation us to find ones that can take a harder workload.

Comment

I never posted a link for you.
                    They will ALL die some time or the other.
                    I just shred some of my years of experience with you, as courtesy.
                    I said that I only buy NEW LED strips and don't buy USED LED strips.

Comment

I did not say you posted a link, if you look that link was posted by neilc6. I was replying to his post.

Comment

Got that. Thanks.
                        Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 07-25-2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X