Nearing wit's end troubleshooting NAD T777 v3 AVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nearing wit's end troubleshooting NAD T777 v3 AVR

Hi. So I finally got around to poking at the receiver again. Just to catch everyone up, the unit had two separate issues. One issue involved audio drops and static, pointing to the speaker relays as the likely culprit. The other issue seems like a DSP problem with PCM processing.

Anyhow, I cleaned up all the right channel speaker relays with sandpaper and reheated the relay connections to the PCB, just in case the the connection was poor. They solder work appeared fine, fwiw. Doing the sandpaper thing has resolved (at least temporarily) the intermittent audio quality, drops, static problems... thank goodness. That was main dysfunction of this receiver. The DSP issue where I'm seeing a delayed start to PCM audio signals still remains. I don't yet have the tools or knowledge to tackle that one, but I'm happy I can now use the unit for extended periods of time without severe audio issues.

Comment

Personally I wouldn’t have used sand paper. There are contact burnishing files that do a better job and do not leave the abrasive in the relay.

Comment

Sandpaper was the kindest of several options being considering for this piece of electronics. One of the options involved a tractor.

Comment

Working...
        X