xbox contoller elite original model 1698

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xbox contoller elite original model 1698

home repair attempt, replacing left and right thumbstick joysticks.

client lost d27 on right thumbstick joystick circuit and c26 on left thumbstick joystick circuit.

cannot find diagram or board view for values, if anyone knows, please post.

upon tracing the circuit, c26 goes to ground on one side and the other disappears leads through a circuit with several veers and finally makes it to the main controller chip.

question: since it goes to ground, do you think that it is necessary or can i just jump a wire and it will be ok?

question 2: for the diode, i cant determine if it is an esd or tvs component. im assuming it is used as a fuse, again would it be ok to just jumper this and it be functional?

any thoughts? warnings lol?

Re: xbox contoller elite original model 1698

Update:

i know this is pretty generic as i microsoft doesnt have info available for this, so lets generalize a bit and you guys can fact check me.

capacitors to ground:

in my experience, this is generally just filter caps for low impedance to ground for voltage on circuits. my thought that if one is missing, depending on the scenario, it really wouldnt cause an issue. if a wire is jumpered, nothing lower impedance than a direct path no? share thoughts please

tvs/esd diodes:

dont have much experiences with these, but from my research...they seem to be used as fuses as i suspected. i feel a jumper in this case would be safe enough to complete the circuit as the device is a xbox controller and shouldnt have an issue if just operated from a battery pack. ( icould see an issue if was plugged in and then lightning strikes)

thoughts?

Comment

update 2:

worked like a charm. not sure of the potential repercussions from bypassing the two components... any thoughts would be appreciated. But for now, its working as intended.

Comment

If it is a tv diode then you would not have the reverse voltage protection or the maximum voltage tripping voltage protection either

I would not recommend keeping it this way if this device is put on a charging base for this reason
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply
        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
        X