Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RX580 Pulse 8gb Gpu fixing and power rails

Hello guys,

im actually trying to wake up a non powering up gpu, model RX580 Pulse 8gb. I have a multimeter and 3 lab PSU. I mention 3 lab psu because i don't have mobo so here is the situation. I followed step by step the video from here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=supu7YeNTfw), he does another one about the 1.8V regulator possibly guilty, In both scenario, as me, No vcore voltage but no short anywhere. But in his case he s plugging the gpu to his mobo and the 8pin connector as well when for me, for the moment as i don't own mobo, i just inject voltage from the 12V rail from the 8pin connector (btw no amps taken from there but blown fuses, and if i inject 0.5V to the coil at the powerstage, the gpu s taking amps which means it's not fried so may be i can save this card !). I would like to figure out why there is 2 x 12V rail (one coming from the pcie and the other from the 8pin connector) when this 12V is coming in both case from the ATX psu. I read it depends of the power needed by the gpu but in my case i just want to simulate a natural environement for the gpu to track voltages with my multimeter, i don't think i can make it right by only injecting 12V at the 8th pin of the top right side connector. So my question is : is it right that i won't be able to track the faulty ic beetwen the output phase driver NCP81022 or the 1.8V regulator without connecting the gpu to a mobo (whitout mobo, 3.3V and 12V rail are missing) ? Sorry for these stupid questions, im totally newbie.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by debidoobs; 11-11-2022, 10:57 AM. Reason: Added model to thread title "RX580 Pulse 8gb"
Working...
X