GTX 1650 SUPER - Problem on pex voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX 1650 SUPER - Problem on pex voltage

Hello everyone, i have an evga gtx 1650 super that i noticed is having a problem on pex voltage.

It happens that it will only work and give me 1v if i put some hot air above the Pex IC, i already replaced the IC as long as almost every resistors and capacitors around it, but it keeps like that.

do you guys think this could be a problem on the gpu core?

I put a picture of the part. The ic always has enable (1.2v) and vcc (5V) but the 1v will only appear if the area is a bit hot...
    Attached Files

Re: GTX 1650 SUPER - Problem on pex voltage

Hi, what is that copper colored dot on the right from the arrow (under the IC)? Looks a bit like a damaged via.

Comment

Originally posted by Prott View Post
      Hi, what is that copper colored dot on the right from the arrow (under the IC)? Looks a bit like a damaged via.
      Hey brother, thank you very much for answering. I actually found the culprit, i started measuring all resistors and capacitors around the pex voltage IC, and found one resistor that according to the datasheet should be 261k ohm, and it was measuring only 86k ohm. It was giving 12v on one side and around 7 on the other one. So i got another one from a donor board and replaced, and it ketp showing 12v on one side but the other was giving me 0.8v pretty stable, and the problem was gone! Card is working fine now.

I'll post a picture of the boardview and resistor, in case it may help someone someday, again, thank you for answering.

Comment

This is the resistor that was faulty and causing the pex voltage to be unstable.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. Is a resistor going lower resistance like that a common occurrence?

Comment

Can someone identify with the component on board that says Q510 ?

Comment

Hello brother! Would you have the boardview cad for your gtx 1650 super?

Comment

i wish it is that easy to have bv for 20xx or 30xx cards

Comment

Working...
                X