Burnt Resistor Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnt Resistor Value

Hi all, This is my Coffee maker main board. Last week there was an electrical surge & it blew out the fuse and this 2 watt resistor. Can anyone figure out the value of the resistor. It on the AC line, hope someone can help view this attached photo or if anyone has this schematics. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Burnt Resistor Value

you have bigger problems, that burned because something downstream is shortcircuit.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.. If you see the photo close, before the resistor there was a thermistor which was burnt too, this was shorting the AC lines, once replaced the short was 100% gone & there are no shorts further on in the circuit. Now it's only the resistor value I need to know to repair this board. If anyone can help me finding this Value, by the shape I know it's 2 watt. Thanks

Comment

What make and model of coffee maker is this? We aren't psychic.
        The dropper cap must have shorted.

Comment

It is a wire wound resistor, so you may be able to get a resistance reading between the broken wire in the middle and one end. that might get you close to the value.
          My guess is it is a Braun KF7000BK
          Last edited by R_J; 11-29-2022, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Yes this is a Braun KF7150BK.. I checked the resistance, but meter shows no value.

Comment

You won't get a reading ACROSS the resistor you will need to clean part of the exposed wire to get any reading, This value should be close to half the original value. You could also provide a clear picture of the trace side, maybe we can figure out a close value.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by R_J; 11-29-2022, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks R_J., will do that & inform you...

Comment

Working...
                X