Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bush eled32240fhdcntd3d - no aerial signal

Hi
    Could somebody guide me as to what to check next?
    This tv has slowly become harder and harder to pick up a signal from the aerial.
    Sometimes if i leave it on long enough it will find all the channels and work great until the next cold boot.
    Ive tryed another tv in the same aerial socket and it works fine.
    Ive tryed the ‘faulty' tv in another working aerial socket and it doesn't find any channels at all.
    There's no looseness to the aerial socket on the tv and checking inside on the power board and mainboard there's nothing obvious to see - its all very clean inside.
    Power board is a 17ips71 and mainboard number is 27190239.
    Once it finds the channels it will work perfectly until it goes cold.
    I was wondering if I should put some heat (hairdryer) on each individual board to see if it would help to narrow down the diagnosis.
    Or maybe someone with more experience would know what would cause this - ive tryed searching for something similar but nothing comes up.
    Thanks for any input🙂
    Attached Files

Re: Bush eled32240fhdcntd3d - no aerial signal

see if this works:

Press the MENU button on your remote.
    Scroll to Install and Retune.
    Press OK.
    Scroll to First time installation.
    Press OK.
    Scroll to Yes.
    Press OK.
    Your TV will now switch off and then restart.

another thing to try is do a channel scan with the aerial unhooked, then redo it with it hooked up.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      see if this works:

Press the MENU button on your remote.
      Scroll to Install and Retune.
      Press OK.
      Scroll to First time installation.
      Press OK.
      Scroll to Yes.
      Press OK.
      Your TV will now switch off and then restart.

another thing to try is do a channel scan with the aerial unhooked, then redo it with it hooked up.
      Hi nomoresonys
      Tryed the first time installation and it just scans through and finds nothing ☹️
      Tryed the scan with aerial removed and then with it connected and it finds nothing ☹️
      If i wait until it decides to find the channels on its own (after leaving it on for some time) and then do a new channel scan - it find all the channels without any problems.
      Usb playback works fine all the time.
      It just feels like a dry joint somewhere which then works ok when the set warms up or a bit like a failing cap that only works when it gets warm but I don't think its the power board as everything else works ok - its just like the tuners not working until it warms up enough ☹️

Comment

that is a head scratcher, don't think I have seen that symptom before, had a little lg tv that only tuned one station but would tune them all when I used an external digital converter box, guess it had a bad tuner.

Comment

Use your hairdryer to help locate the issue. It could be caps or a dry joint, although you can visibly inspect the solder joints on the other side of the PCB.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            that is a head scratcher, don't think I have seen that symptom before, had a little lg tv that only tuned one station but would tune them all when I used an external digital converter box, guess it had a bad tuner.
            Yes it is a bit of a strange one - will have a play about with it over the weekend and see if i can find anything 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
              Use your hairdryer to help locate the issue. It could be caps or a dry joint, although you can visibly inspect the solder joints on the other side of the PCB.
              Thanks diff
              Yes will remove the boards and have a look under my magnifying glass and see if i can spot anything and then give it a blast with the hairdryer to see if i can make it work rather than just wait for it to work🤞🙂

Comment

Make sure you have uk selected on first time installation,
                Wriggle aerial socket paying attention to movement especially the center connector,

Comment

TVs with Vestel electronics are known to have software problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X