Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resistance value

Hello

Can someone help me to find the value of this resistor.....

Re: Resistance value

OK. The resistor color code appears to be -

brown
    black
    silver
    gold

But the problem is you can't have two tolerance values on a resistor as denoted by silver and gold. So the "silver" looking band is probably meant to be "grey" (the resistance value multiplier).

So the resistance seems to be 1,000,0000,000 ohms (that's 1 Gohm) with a 5% tolerance.

However, if the silver is actually silver (and not grey), then the resistor value seems to be 0.1 ohm at 5% tolerance!

I'm more inclined to believe this resistance value is 0.1 ohm rather than 1 billion ohms, as one billion ohm resistors are rarely used I believe.
    Last edited by brispuss; 12-03-2022, 11:03 PM.

Comment

To me it’s a flame proof safety resistor. It should be very low in Ohms range. I get orange, black, silver, gold. That would be 0.3 Ohms. Look where it goes. Measure it, if it’s low in ohms range and not high in ohms or open, it’s good.

Comment

Looks like a Samsung board, what is the BN44-00xxx number?

Comment

Both silver and gold can be multiplier color bands.
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Looks like the resistor is RM802 on a PD27AOQ (BN44-00506B) power supply board, schematics using the STRW6052 call for a 0R35/2W resistor so a 0R3/2w would be ok.
            I would replace CM806 with a 221/2kv also the ic may be bad, check pins 1&3 for a short
            Attached Files
            Last edited by R_J; 12-04-2022, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X