un65tu7000fxza - Flashing Red Power Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

un65tu7000fxza - Flashing Red Power Light

un65tu7000fxza - I am experiencing the flashing red light on the power led. So I purchased the replacement kit for the mainboard and power supply. I still experienced the flash red power light. So I purchased a new ribbon cable, The flashing light stopped for a minute, I could hear sounds on the TV but no picture. I did the 60 second reset and it went back to flashing. What could possibly be the issue now? All the LEDs are lit up from what I can see.

Thanks for all responses.

Re: un65tu7000fxza - Flashing Red Power Light

Originally posted by stephonwhyte View Post
    un65tu7000fxza - I am experiencing the flashing red light on the power led. So I purchased the replacement kit for the mainboard and power supply. I still experienced the flash red power light. So I purchased a new ribbon cable, The flashing light stopped for a minute, I could hear sounds on the TV but no picture. I did the 60 second reset and it went back to flashing. What could possibly be the issue now? All the LEDs are lit up from what I can see.

Thanks for all responses.
    Possible firmware issue

Comment

If it's a firmware issue. Does that mean the TV is dead? How can I fix a firmware issue if I can't get into the TV. I do admit, this is a weird issue. Especially after replacing pretty much everything except the LEDs which are all coming on.

Comment

I'm more inclined that the problem is in the panel itself, disconnect 1 cable and turn on the TV, see if it turns on or not, then do the same with 2 cables.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stephonwhyte View Post
          If it's a firmware issue. Does that mean the TV is dead? How can I fix a firmware issue if I can't get into the TV. I do admit, this is a weird issue. Especially after replacing pretty much everything except the LEDs which are all coming on.
          firmware issue was a guess on my behalf try what lotas suggests first samsungs do suffer lcd panel issues too

Comment

It’s most likely the lcd panel as mentioned. Unfortunately Samsung has been making TVs with shitty panels the last few years. Actually all brands have but Samsung is the most sold tv so you see it more on Samsungs.

Comment

I believe you guys are correct with it being the LCD panel.

Now my next question is it worth replacing or just buying another TV.

And by LCD panel I believe you are referring to the strip that is connected to the LCD screen.

Comment

1. Buying a new panel is not profitable, since it costs about 80% of the cost of the TV itself + installation, it's easier to add and buy a new one.
                2. Mostly problems in the panel itself, but there are times when problems occur in the panel strips (ceramic capacitors, TVS (Transient-voltage-suppression diode) protective diode assemblies).

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                  1. Buying a new panel is not profitable, since it costs about 80% of the cost of the tv itself + installation, it's easier to add and buy a new one.
                  2. Mostly problems in the panel itself, but there are times when problems occur in the panel strips (ceramic capacitors, tvs (transient-voltage-suppression diode) protective diode assemblies).

thank you....!!!!! I guess i'm sending the mrs black friday shopping.!!!!!

Thanks for all responses..!!!!!

Comment

depending on the issue it might not be hard to fix, what was the result of test in post #4, one ribbon cable connected then turn on tv, then try the other cable so one connected at a time, best policy is to do all connecting and un-connecting with tv unplugged from power to avoid any errant surges and such. tape cut off method might be worth a try.

Comment

I just got a broken un65tu7000fxza from my friend to try to fix and I am running into the same issue with a flashing power light when all components are connected. Disconnecting one or both of the FFC cables does allow the backlight to stay on and no flashing red light. @lotas @nomoresonys any more ideas on what to investigate before deeming the panel issue too cost prohibitive to bother?

Comment

You can use the tape method to get it working. Unfortunately it comes at a cost of a degraded picture.

Comment

yep, tape method might work, sometimes you can find a shorted little mlcc capacitor or bad diode pack or resistor on the panel driver boards, tape cut-off method is easiest to try, here's a very knowledgeable gentleman demonstrating his technique, if you can get it going by blocking only one line, you should be able to get a nice picture like he does, I guess depending on the short, you may need to block more than one line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrRhw7-ZII
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-29-2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Well thanks for the tip! The tape method worked as far as I was able to get it working with only one pin covered. (covering 16 from the left on cable "1" in @lotas' post). Unfortunately it ended up being a decently important pin and I am left with degraded horizontal flickering lines on the bottom. This feels like a minor success though

Attached Files

Comment

If it’s still flickering you need to cover more pins/ different pins

Once flickering stops you have the right pins covered. It as you see the picture will be degraded in one way or another

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
                                If it's still flickering you need to cover more pins/ different pins

Once flickering stops you have the right pins covered. It as you see the picture will be degraded in one way or another
                                Thanks storyteller12. I did end up trying a bunch of different combinations (just on the one ribbon) and got it to turning on without flickering with 2 pins covered (11 and 16). I do have horizontal lines across the screen (and I had these before with just one pin covered) so progress is slowly being made when I have time to tinker around. It's just a fun project for me and I hate to see something go to waste so hopefully I can get rid of these horizontal lines as well.

Attached Files

Comment

Glad to hear you got it working somewhat. Keep trying for the horizontal lines. Sometimes it works sometimes it won’t. Just depends on the short in the panel.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

No luck. I can cover pretty much every pin and still get the horizontal lines. Throwing in the towel. Thanks all once again.

Comment

Working...
                                    X