• Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-55W755C - Dead

Sony 1-893-880-11 eMMC pinout.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      Your previous post you say it takes time to find where to attach the wires. My way would be quicker and if it's faulty it has to come off anyway.
      There's more than one way to do things, it depends on the tools and skills on hand and time.
      I do agree somewhat. That is assuming you have everything you need, including the low melt solder. For someone doing this stuff occasionally, probably not.

Comment

What's the low melt solder for ?

Comment

So you get the EMMC back on without blasting it too long with high heat and risk going bad because of it. EMMC’s don’t like that very much.

Comment

There's never any need for high heat or blasting very few components like it, that's just poor hot air control.
            I've not heard of eMMCs being more delicate to heat than other components and I used hot air as i usually do on the couple I've replaced.

Comment

for emmc soldering must use under placed heating plate to preheat board, then you can speed up hot air job..

Comment

I do have a preheater, microscope and a low melt soldering paste, did some tiny cap replacements on iPhones etc so I feel pretty confident with that stuff. Still hate BGAs though. With the pinocut available in #21 I'll try reading/dumping first.

Comment

Managed to do it?
                  I am looking for a save for this motherboard.

Comment

Working...
                  X