Satalite TV decoder - Smart card issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satalite TV decoder - Smart card issue

I own satalite TV connection. My Decoder Not functioning well. I was able to find same model decoder from a friend but the thing is My smart card not working on that device.
    When I talk with the Service provider, They told me that The decoder Im trying to use will not work on my card because it has a different serial number.

when I replace Bios chip of my new device with old chip it returns and error saying incorrect information.

I have no idea to do anything. No model number mentioned and I can share photos if needed. also I can share bios bin file if you needed.

Re: Satalite TV decoder - Smart card issue

i think the ird number is stored in the card the first time you use it.
    is it NDS Videocrypt??

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      i think the ird number is stored in the card the first time you use it.
      is it NDS Videocrypt??
      Thanks for the reply. What did you mean by NDS videocrypt. ( excuse for the foolish questions. I don’t know much about this stuff)

If its about the smart card I see something called Irtedo. Is that you asked?

Edit: Previously My card worked on any similar device.(tried 2 years ago) same card. I just wanted to run a function called rescan from their portal to make it work. but recently they have changed their way. previous method doesn’t work anymore. modern decoders even don’t have a card.
      Last edited by harshana; 09-17-2022, 03:09 AM.

Comment

o.k.
        Irdeto is the encryption system.
        NDS is a competing system that i think is used by star-tv

you should probably ask here:
        https://www.satsupreme.com/forum.php

Comment

o.k.
          Irdeto is the encryption system.
          NDS is a competing system that i think is used by star-tv

you should probably ask here:
          https://www.satsupreme.com/forum.php

Thanks I will try.

If I can fix my old Decoder using new one Im okay with that also. Here is the current situation on my old decoder.

It work perfectly But audio and video out faulty.

If we talk about Audio, in AV out, Red wire doesn't out any sound. may be it will out very little sound. White one is okay.

and on video out Its dancing randomly. sometimes Video is bit smudge to right side. If I keep decoder on for a long time, like 2-3 hours graphics became to normal. no more dancing or very less dance. but At the beginning it highly dancing. I tried to replace some parts but I failed. is there any possibility to fix this?

Comment

bad solder or worn capacitors if letting it heat up improves things.

Comment

bad solder or worn capacitors if letting it heat up improves things.
              I can't find out the bad cap. I tested all the caps near video jack. I haven't noticed a short. is there any clue to find exact one?

Comment

post a picture

Comment

post a picture
                  Here I uploaded the same board which I use to take parts out. I will send the faulty device images soon. hope this images help you to identify about the pcb.
                  Attached Files

Comment

is that dust around the surface mount capacitors or did they leak??
                    check on both units incase it's a common problem

Comment

yes thats dust mix with flux. I resoldered some psrts. but wasn’t clean the board with alcohol after soldering process

Comment

Working...
                      X