Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12v 1uo941243c Relay repairable?

Is it possible to repair this relay?
    the three resistors look like they have purple color on the bands is that correct? and one of the small diodes is broken. i ask because it is said that normal relays are not serviceable
    Attached Files

Re: 12v 1uo941243c Relay repairable?

easy to fix or even fully rebuild if the mood takes you .

Comment

what the heck...what's the switching element in this "relay" ... why aren't these diodes and resistors potted with the rest of the circuitry if there's more in the base?

Without more data...that can't be a relay even if the encapsulation looks like one.

---

Seems this PN crosses to other relays but no specs found yet. Probably has parts embedded in plastic (SSR) making it that much harder to replace the switching components if they're there.
      Last edited by eccerr0r; 09-22-2022, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
        easy to fix or even fully rebuild if the mood takes you .
        Thanks for the reply. can you confirm the colour of the resistor? yes it looks to be. but what is under the surface? I don't see anything special other than the traces under a black cover hard to show with pictures
        Last edited by bohaboha; 09-22-2022, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
          what the heck...what's the switching element in this "relay" ... why aren't these diodes and resistors potted with the rest of the circuitry if there's more in the base?

Without more data...that can't be a relay even if the encapsulation looks like one.

---

Seems this PN crosses to other relays but no specs found yet. Probably has parts embedded in plastic (SSR) making it that much harder to replace the switching components if they're there.
          yes it is a relay that belongs to a scoda octavia. "Probably have parts embedded in plastic (SSR) which makes it much more difficult to replace the clutch components if they are broken." exactly what i was thinking but there doesn't seem to be more than traces in the plastic protection
          Last edited by bohaboha; 09-22-2022, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Take a photo of it in sunlight...

You know, maybe we need to start poking people to do this when they take pictures of resistors asking what color bands they are, so we don't have to trust the CRI of their light source as well as the "CRI" of the photosensor... enough trouble as it is that our monitors tend not to be color calibrated either.

Comment

[QUOTE=eccerr0r;1166070]Take a photo of it in sunlight...

You know, maybe we need to start poking people to do this when they take pictures of resistors asking what color bands they are, so we don't have to trust the CRI of their light source as well as the "CRI" of the photosensor... enough trouble as it is that our monitors tend not to be color calibrated either.[ You're right, but right now I can't trust my eyes. it's 4 bands not 3 as I said before
              Last edited by bohaboha; 09-22-2022, 05:23 PM.

Comment

You could remove one and measure it's resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                  You could remove one and measure it's resistance.
                  I'll thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
                    You're right, but right now I can't trust my eyes. it's 4 bands not 3 as I said before
                    Might be easier to see the colors in sunlight too, it's not only cameras that benefit from better CRI!

Comment

Oh, I see the PC board trace is melted and lifted up, it must have fused due to a short circuit in the car somewhere. It might have also blown a 1N4004 diode.
                      The resistors are not a problem, I see the middle as gray-brown so possibly 680Ω the first stripe I thought purple but no parts exist like that i.e. 780Ω.
                      Last edited by redwire; 09-22-2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
                        Oh, I see the PC board trace is melted and lifted up, it must have fused due to a short circuit in the car somewhere. It might have also blown a 1N4004 diode.
                        The resistors are not a problem, I see the middle as gray-brown so possibly 680Ω the first stripe I thought purple but no parts exist like that i.e. 780Ω.
                        ya there is a broken IN4005 but I measure 180 ohm po resistance with a lifted foot. In4005 Sy309 is the 2 small diode one is blown

Comment

You know I'm saying the copper track has melted
                          There is a problem with the car. It will just blow the relay once you repair it.
                          OK the resistor first stripe is brown then for 180Ω, and they are 1N4005 and a 1N5404.

Comment

You know I'm saying the copper track has melted
                            There is a problem with the car. It will just blow the relay once you repair it.
                            OK the resistor first stripe is brown then for 180Ω, and they are 1N4005 and a 1N5404.
                            "You know I say the copper strip has melted." you mean on the relay itself ?
                            ok you say there is a problem with the car. Do you have any idea what the problem could be in the car? lol now we are going from elektronic to car mecanique but note that i don't see any abnormality on the traces that are remotely visible on the cap

Comment

Yes, inside the relay the track looks to have melted. I would say it was overloaded- which melts the PCB trace and pops the diode.
                              I would say a new relay or fixing this one and it will just melt again.
                              There must be a short circuit, such as a light bulb (socket) or cheezy LED lighting added to the car, or maybe some damaged wires. I can't tell what goes to the cracked diode.
                              Can you post a clear picture of the circuit board trace side AND the relay pins (numbers). Do you have a wiring diagram for any of the car that involves the relay?

Škoda Octavia - 1U0941243C, AEV0306, VK7 relay, it seems to be for the power door locks (was the car in an accident?) and alarm system?

Comment

door lock motors sieze or jam,
                                i'v replaced a number on ford and bmw - total shit
                                it's a tiny brushed electric motor with a BRASS gear on it driving a PLASTIC rack that extends or retracts.

i cant see one drawing enough current to do that though.
                                i'v never seen a bad one damage anything.

Comment

Yes, inside the relay the track looks to have melted. I would say it was overloaded- which melts the PCB trace and pops the diode.
                                  I would say a new relay or fixing this one and it will just melt again.
                                  There must be a short circuit, such as a light bulb (socket) or cheezy LED lighting added to the car, or maybe some damaged wires. I can't tell what goes to the cracked diode.
                                  Can you post a clear picture of the circuit board trace side AND the relay pins (numbers). Do you have a wiring diagram for any of the car that involves the relay?

Škoda Octavia - 1U0941243C, AEV0306, VK7 relay, it seems to be for the power door locks (was the car in an accident?) and alarm system?
                                  redwire I don't want to disagree . but the tracers look to be intact and equally thick across the small circuit and no deviation. it's really hard to show in the picture. No I don't have information because I can't find anything about this car it's my own. now I know about this relay thanks to your information.

Comment

before it failed, did all your doors lock and unlock reliably?
                                    including the fuel filler cover?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                      before it failed, did all your doors lock and unlock reliably?
                                      including the fuel filler cover?
                                      no problem att all with doors

Comment

think those relays are also used for dash lights

Comment

Working...
                                        X