Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS BIOS UUID help

Hi,

I'm tring to reconstruct a BIOS for an ASUS PRIME-H310M-E-R2 motherboard i'm using FD44Editor and have put in the MAC and serial number (found stickers on MB) but am struggling with the UUID as the feild in FD44Editor is only 10 bytes long but when i look at uuid generatos online or other pc's (wmic path win32_computersystemproduct get uuid) they are 32 charaters long. How do i get from 32 charaters to 10 bytes.

Thanks

Re: ASUS BIOS UUID help

Originally posted by petemanuk View Post
    Hi,

I'm tring to reconstruct a BIOS for an ASUS PRIME-H310M-E-R2 motherboard i'm using FD44Editor and have put in the MAC and serial number (found stickers on MB) but am struggling with the UUID as the feild in FD44Editor is only 10 bytes long but when i look at uuid generatos online or other pc's (wmic path win32_computersystemproduct get uuid) they are 32 charaters long. How do i get from 32 charaters to 10 bytes.

Thanks
    If you can use a hex editor you can add everything from your backup bios,if you have one by searching for a few key words https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=fd44
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks for the info, unfortunaly bought board without a bios chip fitted so have no copy of what was orignally on it. I've downloaded bios for board from asus website and can only find s/n and MAC sticker on motherboard but nothing on how to recreate the UUID.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Hi,

Here you have a BIOS dump from another board.
        I have bought this board I have written to you on PM for repair and resell.

You only need to exchange the UUID and MAC address to that on your board, you can use for this either the FD44Editor, or CoffeTime 0.99, both should work, although CoffeTime is a piece of soft dedicated to make Coffelake bios mods.

Attached Files

Comment

Just looked on it in FD44Editor, and as you wrote it seems it does not show the full UUID, only a part of it. So use CoffeTime 0.99, as it shows the full UUID, proceed as follows:

1. Load the image into CoffeTime
          2. Click on the 3 dots right to the SN field
          3. Click the checkboxes for New SN and New UUID and enter the correct strings
          4. Click Replace
          5. Save the image.

For MAC try FD44Editor, as it seems CoffeTime does not discover it in this particular BIOS. It can also change the s/n.

Finally program the image to a new chip (Winbond 25Q128JVSQ or some equivalent), fit the chip and check if it has worked.

BTW, UUID and SN have probably completely no impact on correct working of the board, so you could discard changing it. It might only have importance, if you would like to register the board on the ASUS site, and use RMA, maybe it's also important for Windows OS lisencing, if the lisence type is somehow bound with the board. Unlike UUID/SN the MAC seems to be necessary to the Windows OS to manage network comms correctly, I observed that network communication on boards with no MAC in the BIOS does not work properly (lags, very long response times of page loading, streaming media interrupted).

Another tool, beside hex editor suggested correctly by SMDFlea, is to do it with UEFITool, but it's more for advanced users, and if you do it first time, the above method will be the easiest. With UEFITool you can search for data inside the BIOS as hex values or strings, export regions/modules, modify them externally, and then reintegrate into the BIOS. There are two generations of this tool, the old one shows almost no easy interpretable data but can do export/import, and the new one, it shows much more understandable information, but still exporting/importing is not working yet. Using UEFITool makes sense if you want to add/exchange some modules inside the BIOS, as UEFITool handles the shifting of the data inside the BIOS when inserting/deleting modules with different sizes. It works also for newer BIOS versions for boards with eg Z490 to Z690 bioses and also other vendors.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by DynaxSC; 11-15-2022, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X