purchasing caps from aliexpress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purchasing caps from aliexpress

I'm interested in purchasing some caps from below url of aliexpress.
    https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001608161905.html

Would It be fake Nichicon MUSE capacitor?
    Is there a way to indentify whether it is fake Nichicon MUSE capacitor or genuine one?

Re: purchasing caps from aliexpress

the most often used way is to look at the bung underneath the cap. fakes often use a bull's eye or concentric circle bung. jap cap manufacturers prefer using a chain link fence chain shaped bung for their caps instead.

other ways to test are with an esr meter and looking at the esr and capacitance specs but that is not a reliable method as most budget/cheap esr lcr meters often dont display or measure the esr accurately or correctly.

also, brand new caps even junk ones often also measure in spec, esr and capacitance wise. its only after running for awhile that the specs of the junk cap will degrade much faster than the japanese ones.

so looking at the feedback of the listing from the russian and other eastern european buyers, it might be genuine but it could also be factory rejects that dont meet the rigorous min specs or requirements for being sold to customers/clients of the manufacturer.

they could also be fakes as certain can sizes or capacitance and voltage combinations arent found in the official datasheets of nichicon muse capacitors but custom sizes from a custom order could also be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post

other ways to test are with an esr meter and looking at the esr and capacitance specs but that is not a reliable method as most budget/cheap esr lcr meters often dont display or measure the esr accurately or correctly.
      Does It means that cheap esr meter like Mos Mega328 Transistor Tester is not enough to measure correct esr value?
      Then, If I purchase esr meter like MESR-100,it would be sufficient for measuring correct esr value?

I saw feedback of below link and found that a russian complain about its poor test result
      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32601743639.html

Is it evidence of fake nichicon caps?

Comment

I wouldn't say that those readings are evidence themselves, however, when I look at distributor sites, the capacitors always have "Fine Gold" printed on them instead of "FG" (Although oddly enough, "Fine Gold" is printed on the capacitors in review photos). Overall, this listing is tripping my BS detectors.

Comment

I bought from this seller several years back.
          I needed those green mylar too which the coating was very poor.
          the nichicon and united chemicon I got were fake, the silmic caps I got were date code 2003 and leaking green crud. That was 2016 and I learned my lesson: never buy caps unless its from digikey or mouser.
          And I learned that lesson on this very site, which I am thankful. I had to go back and tear them all out.
          Its just not worth it

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52256
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Cartel; 11-10-2022, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartel View Post
            Never buy caps unless it's from digikey or mouser
            t=52256[/url]
            RS Components, Farnell, and LCSC are also good suppliers.

Comment

Here's a genuine capacitor from RS Components, not sure how expensive shipping is.

Comment

Thank you very much for all of reply.
                I fianlly realized that I must avoid aliexpress when I want to purchase any capacitor..

Comment

only avoid electrolytics,
                  chinese polymers are fine.

one other thing to never buy from china - lithium ion 18650 batteries.
                  not only do you not know what your getting, they will even sell you fake sleeves to put on your own cells!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                    only avoid electrolytics,
                    chinese polymers are fine.
                    Curious if you could elaborate on this statement and what makes polymers ok?. I know electrolytics are notoriously easy to fake, but I'm concerned with no-name eBay/Aliexpress electronic components in general.

Comment

polymers are not fake, they are chinese brands.
                      but they work just fine - "the japanese only" attitude only really matters for liquid-filled caps

Comment

Originally posted by chth96 View Post
                        I'm interested in purchasing some caps from below url of aliexpress.
                        https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001608161905.html
                        I bought several times from this shop, they also represented at ebay.
                        you have a chance but not always they sent genuine caps.
                        the second problem genuine might be very old and seems like a garbage

Comment

Does It means that cheap esr meter like Mos Mega328 Transistor Tester is not enough to measure correct esr value?
                          you should have download datasheet and usually ESR not described for audio capacitors.
                          and your simple meter uses not standard frequency for esr calculation.
                          standard I mean - 100 kHz, 120 Hz

Comment

Originally posted by AleXis6 View Post
                            I bought several times from this shop, they also represented at ebay.
                            you have a chance but not always they sent genuine caps.
                            the second problem genuine might be very old and seems like a garbage
                            Does it means that they(shenzhen yingfu electronic) usually sell genuine Nichicon capacitor?

Comment

Does it means that they(shenzhen yingfu electronic) usually sell genuine Nichicon capacitor?
                              yes, remember not always
                              and capacitors are usually very old.
                              this shop also offers capacitors by weight - 500g, 100, 200
                              so You can try this just to receive different ones for non important repairs - but see feedback pictures before.
                              look also these:
                              CHEN-components Store
                              JiaGuan's Store
                              these 2 shops provide periodically good coupons for followers and from my point of view they have better capacitors than yingfu
                              last order from Chen -I received Nichicon audio series 2019-2020 years of manufacturing.
                              but sometimes aliexpress price is higher than LCSC.com just compare before order
                              Last edited by AleXis6; 11-19-2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AleXis6 View Post
                                yes, remember not always
                                and capacitors are usually very old.
                                this shop also offers capacitors by weight - 500g, 100, 200
                                so You can try this just to receive different ones for non important repairs - but see feedback pictures before.
                                look also these:
                                CHEN-components Store
                                JiaGuan's Store
                                these 2 shops provide periodically good coupons for followers and from my point of view they have better capacitors than yingfu
                                last order from Chen -I received Nichicon audio series 2019-2020 years of manufacturing.
                                but sometimes aliexpress price is higher than LCSC.com just compare before order
                                I just have browse through LCSC.com site,and It seems that most of good quality nichicon capacitor already have sold out..
                                And How can I distinguish between brand new capacitor and old capacitor?
                                Is there any surefire way to detect old capacitor?

Comment

I just have browse through LCSC.com site,and It seems that most of good quality nichicon capacitor already have sold out..
                                  And How can I distinguish between brand new capacitor and old capacitor?
                                  Is there any surefire way to detect old capacitor?
                                  LCSC usually selling capacitors which produced 1-3 may be 5 years ago,
                                  After that they provide huge discount (like 30-70%).
                                  Aliexpress has series which produced 20 years ago.

About how detect read this topic it is easy for Nichicon, Rubycon and some another brands

Comment

Working...
                                  X