Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nand bad block with an RT809H, didn't boot

Hello guys

I did a dump from a MX30LF4G28AD@TSOP48 nand with an RT809H. If I flash back the firmware, the auto verify show everithing ok, but if click on Verify button there is a lot of inconsistence bytes.

I did a bad block check and found it few. However I use any bad block management algorithm, after flashing the verify show the same inconsistences.

The device didn't boot up. What I did wrong? Thank's in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: nand bad block with an RT809H, didn't boot

RT809H - does not know how to work correctly with Bad Block and Error Correction Codes (ECC).

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
      RT809H - does not know how to work correctly with Bad Block and Error Correction Codes (ECC).
      Thank's. Do you think the dump is correct in this case? Should I buy a brand new nand or what device can correct handle?

Comment

What kind of device, where is this nand? You can post this dump (I'll take a look when I have time).

Comment

It is a Zyxel ax7501-b0 router, with custom ISP firmware on it. I wanted replace to the original firmware, but it is also not as easy as thought. (drive link, while too big to attach)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

thank's in advance and big reputation!+++

Comment

Sadly the ssh/telnet ports are filtered from the isp fw. If somebody find theese rules in the bin would be cool. I don't know how to insert the original firmware into the full dump.

Comment

Errors in the middle of the dump, the programmer does not know this ECC algorithm.
              Attached Files

Comment

Errors in the middle of the dump, the programmer does not know this ECC algorithm.
                What do you think about TL866II? Don't want to spend 400 for a GQ-5X if not neccessary.

Comment

I don’t know about TL866II, but it won’t work well with BB either, then it’s better to take Xgecu t56 programmer (it has more functions).

https://aliexpress.ru/popular/xgecu-...%BE%D1%80.html

Comment

What kind of interface could be here? SPI? 3 pins are 3.3v, one gnd.

Is there a little chance to revive if the uboot not damaged?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Most likely UART interface (RX, TX, 3.3v, GND).

Comment

Is it normal than 3 pins are 3.3v?

Comment

According to your pinout: 1 - 3.3v, 2 - RX or TX, 3 - TX or RX, 5 - GND.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Formaster View Post
                            Is it normal than 3 pins are 3.3v?
                            Yes

Comment

thank you, the connection is up, but signs bad. I so stupid, why not beginned on uart.
                              Attached Files

Comment

There should be a boot log when the router is turned on.

Comment

It won't boot up correctly, because the damaged firmware. All the led's lights. Is any chance to get back in the life?

The official update bin I have, but is not the full dump of the nand.

Comment

Look at the firmware and see ich you find a file with an even number like 8.00MB or 16MB… take that file and flash it to the nand. The file is as big as the nand flash itself.

As for the original question sometimes the RT809H does misidentify corrupted firmware as bad blocks. That’s why I save the contents, write the NAND full with 1’s. Verify it, then FF the NAND and verify it again, to really see if I have a corrupted flash, or a bad flash.

Comment

The nand is 4gb size, the official update bin are 66mb, the full dump is around 544mb.

Do you mean need to find the boot partition which must be 8 or 16mb? Sorry for my misunderstood.

Comment

Which ECC algorithm need? Only found on MX datasheet 8 bit. Think to buy a Flashcat Mach1, which designed for SLC, MLC and TLC NAND.

It can handle ECC's as Hamming, RS and BHC.

If its a recommended programmer, i take a same router to dump the nand correctly and flash it to my device. But not sure about the MAC and SerialNr. change

(on device list there is only MX30LF4G28AB, but compared the datasheet not much difference between MX30LF4G28AD.)
                                        Last edited by Formaster; 11-10-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X