Identification of a Capacitor for Subwoofer Velodyne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identification of a Capacitor for Subwoofer Velodyne

Hi Everyone and thank you to accept me on this forum.

I'm repairing my Velodyne Sub, a Fiber capacitor is dead but the burn erase part of the writing, can you help me to identify it ?

I attached the picture.

Thank you for your help.
    Attached Files

Re: Identification of a Capacitor for Subwoofer Velodyne

find a schematic?

Comment

is it carrying mains voltage ?

Comment

A model number might be helpful.

Comment

I can see clearly many digits , even if it's burnt , so you can at least identify them for us ?

Comment

I'm going to guess (based off the limited info here, both in the post and photo) that the capacitor in question might be a 100nf 250v cap. Though given that the original post is almost 6 months old, and didn't receive any replies until a week ago, it may not be of much use to keep probing for answers, as the user may have moved on by now

(attached photo includes markings i could just barely make out on the capacitor)
            Attached Files
            I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Pretty close to my estimation .. Millars with blue color are mostly in the range under 200-250 volts . Even some higher values are usually LIGHT blue color , which are sometimes up to 1500 volts , and bigger in size , of course .

And yes , RukyCon , I don't see any reason why not reviving an old post for a good reason .

Comment

Hi everyone. I have the exact same problem with the same capacitor! The model # of my subwoofer is Velodyne DLS4000R.
                See the attached photo. The blown capacitor is labelled C9. Does anyone have the same sub or maybe a schematic of this sub? I would really like to know the value of this cap so I can change it.

Comment

make sure the replacement is class X2 rated so it doesnt burn again.
                  it's polypropylene film 250v - not sure about it being 100n
                  i see "1." - is that 1.0 or 1.8?? who knows

Comment

Thanks for responding so quickly, I appreciate that. For sure, I will definitely get X2 rated cap. I don't want this happen again. I ended up reaching out to Velodyne, and they confirmed the capacitor is 1.0uF 250V. Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Working...
                    X