Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X270 - Bios flashing help

Hello everyone,

I am still a beginner and want to learn more about flashing bios. First of all, thank you very much for the tutorials made on this forum it helps a lot.

Lets get straight to the point. When I try to flash the bios of my Lenovo X270 it restarts several times and always returns to the bios that was there at the beginning. When I get the bios from someone on the forum and write it to the bios chip, I always have the same serial numbers. I have the feeling that the pc is reflashing itself. Where could this come from? How to avoid this problem?
    Do we agree that when I write another bios on the chip I'm supposed to see another serial number in the bios? I even tried to write a bios with an administrator password on it. When I solder it back to the motherboard and turn on the computer I end up with a bios without password and the serial number always remains the same. The only noticeable change in the bios is the version of intel me that does not appear when I write a bios without cleaning me.

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-30-2022, 05:28 PM.

Re: X270 - Bios flashing help

these variables are stored in the ec bios not the main bios, so is the password

Comment

Working...
    X