Hisense 65H8608 screen cycling thru colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 65H8608 screen cycling thru colours

A customer just messaged me and after moving from one location to another and plugging in their hisense tv all it does is cycles thru the different colors like its in some kind of test mode.Standby light is red and remote is unresponsive.Have tried unplugging it but no change .Tv was fine before they moved and this happened right after they moved into their new home.Any ideas.

Re: Hisense 65H8608 screen cycling thru colours

I was told once that if your main board stops sending a LVDS signal but the 12V supply to the TCON is present then the IC on the TCON goes into self test mode. I have never tested this so i don't know for sure but the only advice i can give you is to remove the LVDS cable for both sides clean it with isopropyl alcohol and reseat it. Maybe it is a bad contact causing this issue since the tv was moved maybe the tv had a bump.
    Others in the forum can maybe better advise you.

Comment

I was thinking roughly the same thing.Its certainly worth a try.I'll post back later with the results .

Comment

You were spot on angelos. Removing cleaning and reseating the LVDS cable brought the tv back to normal.Thanks so much for helping to solve this problem and I would say it confirms exactly what you stated about the tcon getting 12v but no signal gives the screen test mode.

Comment

Working...
        X