Insignia NS-50DR620NA18 Diagnosing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia NS-50DR620NA18 Diagnosing

Hello everyone. I am trying to diagnose the issue with my Insignia TV. Out of the blue one day the TV started showing colored vertical lines on both sides of the panel. I have taken the back off and removed the ribbon cables one at a tome from the TCON board trying to diagnose which component is bad here. With each side plugged in independently the issue remains on that side and the other side is all black. Is this an issue with my main board? Bad LCD panel? I really don't wanna buy a main board only to find out my panel is bad. Pictures attached.

Thanks in advance for all the help and suggestions - this forum seems like a great community for issues like this.
    Attached Files

Re: Insignia NS-50DR620NA18 Diagnosing

Look hard at the tab bonds on the LCD. My guess is someone washed the TV and the liquid ran down.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      Look hard at the tab bonds on the LCD. My guess is someone washed the TV and the liquid ran down.
      I actually see no liquid damage on any of the tab bonds.

I got my meter out this afternoon and started probing around. Found about 10 caps shorted on the TCON board. Even with the led driver ribbon cables unplugged. I ordered a TCON. For $15 new it's worth a shot!

Comment

I have the same failure on my NS-50DR620NA18. Did you find a solution?

Comment

Working...
        X