Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen dimmer in recent months, weird symptom: EPG screen goes bright! LG 19LD350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen dimmer in recent months, weird symptom: EPG screen goes bright! LG 19LD350

In recent months the screen has been getting more and more dim. If that was all, I'd suppose the problem would be the backlight (LED? LCD?). But I've noticed this really weird symptom: switching to the EPG screen restores normal brightness! And then, even weirder, when I go back to the programme, for a moment the programme is at normal brightness and over the next 1-2 seconds it gradually dims down again.

Last time I looked in a TV it had EHT flyback, so I'm no expert. I do sometimes repair computer monitors and power supplies, most often when there's bad caps.

Anyhow, in my ignorance, I thought maybe the fault was due to some problem in the power supply. A replacement board from a salvage company was only a tenner. However, replacing that the fault is still identical.

It's an LG 19LD350 19" TV. Any suggestions, please?

Re: Screen dimmer in recent months, weird symptom: EPG screen goes bright! LG 19LD350

Is auto dimming turned off?

Comment

Re: Screen dimmer in recent months, weird symptom: EPG screen goes bright! LG 19LD350

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      Is auto dimming turned off?
      Thanks for following up. I can't recall. It will be 2 or 3 days before I can check, I'll reply then.

Comment

Working...
      X