Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the 5GHz media streamers?

http://www.pressreader.com/australia...90767/TextView

If a media streamer includes wireless networking capability, 5GHz wireless network connectivity should be the standard and not the exception.

And for 4K media devices, multi-stream Wireless-AC should also be the standard and not the exception - dual-band Wireless-N is good, but not good enough.

I have advocating for such features; if consumers raise their standards and are well-informed, they generally won't be disappointed with their purchase.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Where are the 5GHz media streamers?

Originally posted by japlytic View Post
    http://www.pressreader.com/australia...90767/TextView

If a media streamer includes wireless networking capability, 5GHz wireless network connectivity should be the standard and not the exception.

And for 4K media devices, multi-stream Wireless-AC should also be the standard and not the exception - dual-band Wireless-N is good, but not good enough.

I have advocating for such features; if consumers raise their standards and are well-informed, they generally won't be disappointed with their purchase.
    So you want everybody to pay for devices with expensive features they might not use adding unnecessary cost. What is the 4k source ? If its a disc there is no need to stream and if its over the internet then a consistent 15-20Mbps is required.

Comment

Re: Where are the 5GHz media streamers?

Originally posted by diif View Post
      So you want everybody to pay for devices with expensive features they might not use adding unnecessary cost. What is the 4k source ? If its a disc there is no need to stream and if its over the internet then a consistent 15-20Mbps is required.
      If consumers look for such features, they will generally be satisfied, including through none or very few AV rebuffering events.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
      X