Sharp LC-55LE653U Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-55LE653U Firmware

The problem with this set is all of sudden on one turn on it would not come on. It will display the Sharp logo for about 6 seconds, and then backlight goes out for about 5 seconds, then repeats over and over. I feel like this may be a firmware or eeprom issue. Sharp has the firmware on their site, but the download doesn't work. Does anyone have this or know another source for it? Thanks!

Re: Sharp LC-55LE653U Firmware

The site works for me, file name TEL_SOFT_LE653U_LE654U_V369.zip 140MB
    http://www.sharpusa.com/Support/Prod...el=LC-55LE653U
    Last edited by R_J; 08-09-2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

WOW, I am glad I looked here. TV is fixed. So I downloaded the above file to a small USB flash and inserted it in the TV. Then I plugged the TV in and the TV did the update all by itself. TV is now working.

Comment

This firmware file also works on Sharp LC-55LE654U

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
          The problem with this set is all of sudden on one turn on it would not come on. It will display the Sharp logo for about 6 seconds, and then backlight goes out for about 5 seconds, then repeats over and over. I feel like this may be a firmware or eeprom issue. Sharp has the firmware on their site, but the download doesn't work. Does anyone have this or know another source for it? Thanks!
          I had the same failure. The firmware update worked for me as well. Thanks to all!!

Comment

Do you know how much time takes in upgrading?, Do I have to put the firmware in a subfolder?

Comment

It only takes a few minutes, about 5 minutes. Just place the file on a USB drive, do not place in a sub folder. Unplug the TV, plug the USB drive into the TV, then plug the TV in and it should turn on and start updating, if it does not turn on then press the power button.

Comment

I tried the metod but it said: #14 install bootloader error!

Comment

Try a different USB drive. I believe it has to be 1 GB or 2 GB. A bigger one will not work.

Comment

Im using a 8gb drive

Comment

It may be too big. And the USB has to be of good quality.

Comment

For reference, I used a 16GB USB thumb drive formatted FAT32. Turned tv on to get it into the reboot loop. Turned off power at surge suppressor. Inserted thumb drive with firmware update and turned power back on at surge suppressor. Worked like a champ. Did not need to press the power button to turn television on. The update turned the set on and brought up the welcome screen.

Comment

If it wont take the update in FAT32 try formatting the drive in FAT some of these mains are finicky about formats.
                          Multiple attempts may have to be attempted also before it will succeed ,be patient.
                          Last edited by patrax; 02-19-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Can confirm updating the firmware works.

http://www.sharpusa.com/Support/Prod...el=LC-55LE653U

You may need to right click on the Download button and open it in a new window, then agree to the terms. I couldn't get anything to download just by clicking the button.

1) Get a thumb drive. I used an 8 gig, formatted to fat32.
                            2) Unzip the downloaded file and then put the contents (a single file) on it. No folders, just the file.
                            3) Unplug TV, insert the USB drive, plug back in.

Takes about 5 minutes to update.

Comment

Save that firmware in case sharp removes it from their site.

Comment

hello, greetings, could ypu share that firmware, I can´t find in the link that you share, greetings thanks

Comment

I don't see it anymore either, might try emailing them like it says when you click the link, they prolly took it down.

Comment

Working...
                                  X