Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need Dell 7390 motherboard schematics or help to identify the BIOS chip

Hello,

As the title says, I would need help to identify the bios chip on the motherboard of a Dell Latitude 7390 laptop. Or at least if you could tell me which type of chip I should look for. It would be useful to know if it's on the visible face of the motherboard or not, just not dismantle everything unnecessarily.

Many thanks.

Re: I need Dell 7390 motherboard schematics or help to identify the BIOS chip

You're going to have to remove the motherboard.
    There are videos on youtube showing you which screws to remove.

Comment

Ok, thanks. Once the mb is removed and since the bios .bin file I want to write on it has 16MB (128Mb) shall I look for a chip with something like 25Q128...... written on it?

Comment

Why are you trying to flash BIOS ?. Old BIOS is corrupted ?

Comment

Yes, I wanted to update drivers/bios after buying the laptop second hand. I went to Dell website and it recommended to update bios. It seems to have gone fine through the procedure, even got the message "update successful, now your computer will restart". It never restarted, so now when I push the power button all I get is the keyboard lights coming on for a second and then everything powers off again immediately. Nothing appears on the screen.

So I bought an usb programmer and a clamp and got the .bin bios file from the bios section of this forum. I also have another laptop with Linux on it. I am about to try this now so hopefully I can correctly identify the bios chip after taking the motherboard out...

Comment

Of course, I have tried clearing the cmos and all the other tricks that I could find on-line, but nothing worked...

Comment

Originally posted by rkidon View Post
              Of course, I have tried clearing the cmos and all the other tricks that I could find on-line, but nothing worked...

That doesn't mean the BIOS chip is faulty/firmware inside it is corrupted. You should at least verify every single power rail is up and running before touching BIOS

Comment

In the end the BIOS .bin file was corrupted. I have managed to write the BIOS .bin file that I have downloaded from this forum and it worked: the laptop booted into Windows, even if the model of my mother board is LA - F311P and not LA - F312P, as written in the description of the .bin file. Then I put the latest BIOS file from Dell website on a usb stick and managed also to update my BIOS.

And by the way, for this model of laptop or version of the motherboard you don't need to disassemble it from the laptop, as you can see the BIOS chip sitting in the area near the fan. You need to look for the chip Winbond 25Q128JVSQ.

Comment

I need Dell 7390 motherboard schematics

Comment

Re: I need Dell 7390 motherboard schematics

Originally posted by mnciks11 View Post
                    You`re an experienced member,you should know to post the motherboard part number by now,such as LA-F311P LA-F312P
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: I need Dell 7390 motherboard schematics

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      You`re an experienced member,you should know to post the motherboard part number by now,such as LA-F311P LA-F312P
                      I think it will be useful
                      Attached Files

Comment

3ks Very Much

Comment

Boardview (*.cad)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you grzechqu, for this post hope the schematics will help me fix my laptop.

Comment

Working...
                            X