Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo ThinkPad T440p running slow

Hello!

I've bought four T440p laptops. I've installed m.2 SSD disk, 16GB DDR3L 12800, cleaned the fans, changed the thermal paste and installed fresh Windows 10 Pro UEFI boot, Secure Boot on. Updated BIOS and all drivers.

Two of them are working perfectly, no problems whatsoever. The other two are extremely slow. I've erased the bios and reprogrammed them with the same dump from the working ones, changed the CPU, RAM, SSD, tried unplugging everything except the motherboard, tried installing Linux OS, Windows 7 on m.2 SSD and normal SATA SSD and still they are working slow.

What can be the problem? Everything is working but it is just slow. The boot time is over 20 sec on fresh install on SSD, the Explorer window takes 3-4 seconds to open.

I've also tried live boot from USB.. Same thing.

I have searched the forums and can't find anything. Most say about reinstalling windows, replacing the HDD with SSD, replacing RAM, etc. but nothing is related to my problem because I did that before I even noticed the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T440p running slow

check cpu with CPU-Z for throttling problem

Comment

Cleaned ME region properly when flashing the BIOS?
      Tried with a good battery?
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
        check cpu with CPU-Z for throttling problem
        I did fresh reinstall of Windows 10 again.
        Right after the fresh installation I started CPU-Z and the Core Speed was at 3GHz. After restarting, the core speed is 800MHz.

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
          Cleaned ME region properly when flashing the BIOS?
          Tried with a good battery?
          Just erased the chip and flashed the .rom file. Tried with battery and without.

Comment

If ME is not cleaned after dumping from another machine it won't work properly.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I couldn't find the way how to erase ME but I've found the problem and solved it. One of the four laptops had 65W adapter and when I replaced it with 90W it started to work normally. The other one started to work after inserting the battery.

My friend also had this problem and after inserting the battery, the laptop started to work just fine.

Comment

Working...
              X