This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone! My name is Moacir, I'm from the city of Curitiba, Brazil. I have a degree in computer engineering and work with notebook maintenance in my spare time. I am available whenever you need. Greetings everyone.

Comment

Hello everyone

Sorry about my poor English...
      I am 45 years old, I live in Switzerland and have been doing electronics since I was a teenager.
      I love electronic music (Jai a small home studio) and video games.
      I signed up here to learn more about troubleshooting laptops.
      And also hopes to share my knowledge.: -)

Comment

Hi New Member Here!

Live in in West Midlands UK. Have some basic knowledge on TV and HiFi repair, PC building. Never seem to be working on anything really recent, so most experience on TVs era 2000 - 2014, 1970-80s hifi, 1995 - 2014 PCs.
        So much still to learn!!

Comment

Hello Badcaps users,
          I'm a senior professional electronics engineer and a newbie to this forum. I've been working in R&D and D&D in more than 10 electronic application fields in 4 countries on 2 continents. Enough of that background though as this brief message is not intended as a CV.
          I've always built/assembled my computers (not laptops) from OTS parts.
          In one of my previous lives (HW R&D in computer systems) I used to design computer cards for the ancient PC-EISA/ISA bus. I've always had an undiminished interest for troubleshooting to the component level, which started in my teen years in analog AV systems and continued in many other fields post my Uni graduation (Electronics & Telecommunications) in the 80's.
          I still do that, whenever I have some private spare time. However, I didn't do much in terms of computer servicing. So, I'm prepared to learn from veterans like you.
          Glad to join.

Comment

Hello ALL

Comment

Hello everyone, thank you for accepting me into your group. me is mohamed, Tunisian 52 years old amateur of computer and electronic repair ...

Comment

Snif Snif I can't post in the forum ...

Comment

Thanks for having me aboard. I have been a pinball repair hobbiest for 15 years or so. I have learned everything I know from similar internet forums. I have landed here because I was gifted a 70" Visio flat screen TV with problems and I am obsessed with repairing it. These seems like a fine place to find some information!

Glad to be here!
                  Lance

Comment

My name is Harry and I know jack about electrical stuff since after undergraduate degree in robotics I was doing Windows software development.

I am working on a few retro-gaming PCs and since the capacitors on half of my old mobos I kept in the attic are bulging, I figured I start looking for help.

Comment

Hello I'm new here,this is going to be my first post.
                      I joined here because this is a huge community where I can get any help related to my electronic.

Comment

Hello!

I am here because I'm looking into fixing old junk and ran into this forum for any help.

Comment

Hello,

I'm here to look for a way to fix a bios issue with my laptop. Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Comment

Hello. I am interested in dabbling with electronics and found the forum due to the excellent quality troubleshooting advice related to the infamous 2-seconds-to-black issue with LCD monitors. I am having a similar issue and come for guidance.

I am also interested to play with Arduino and Raspberry Pi for home automation. I am a chemical engineer so electronics are a little mysterious to me, but I do have some general understanding.

Comment

hello

Comment

dell motherboard

13283-1 board
                                used schematic added

voltages of power connector (DC IN) very low, i think shorted. no 19V
                                when disconnected from board power code working well 1v coming
                                help me to resolve this asap. after removing PU4402 voltage if dc in is ok but no power i changed that mosfet but not worked

Comment

dell motherboard

13283-1 board
                                  used schematic added

voltages of power connector (DC IN) very low, i think shorted. no 19V
                                  when disconnected from board power code working well 1v coming
                                  help me to resolve this asap sir. after removing PU4402 voltage if dc in is ok but no power i changed that mosfet but not worked

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1569992987

Comment

dell motherboard

13283-1 board
                                    used schematic added

voltages of power connector (DC IN) very low, i think shorted. no (19V)
                                    ***when disconnected from board power code working well 19v coming.
                                    help me to resolve this asap sir. after removing PU4402 voltage in dc in is ok but no power i changed that mosfet but not worked

Comment

HI, I live in the aNetherlands and are very enthousiastic person try to learn as much as possibel. I'm hoping to find some that can help me with a schematic LG 42 Inch touch screen monitor. I Think the power supply is broken. but need to measure.

Comment

hello,
                                        I am a complete noob. Just purchased an ESR meter, multimeter and multifunction tester - hoping to learn as much and help others along the way

Comment

Hello... im trying to post a new thread - I don't know what's worse lol
                                          figuring out how the new member posting or repairing my subwoofer

Comment

Working...
                                          X