X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [HELP] Lenovo V15-IIL "partial dead"

Originally posted by phantomEVO View Post
    so game over?
    If you decide to remove any pwm ic, you should also remove mosfets that are controlled by that ic prior to applying power. Unconnected gates of that mosfets will sporadically open, and let input voltage run into output line.

However, your IC has only integrated mosfets, which was removed along with IC as well. So seems its not that case i've mentioned above. Try to replace PU9700.
    Last edited by todenkopf; 07-02-2022, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phantomEVO View Post
      so game over?
      Not over. Though i mentioned it in post#3 that PU9700 is a multi regulator with builtin mosfet+dc -dc circuit but in a hurry overlooked it. Since removing PU9700 means removing all the connected fets also, chances of damage is very unlikely. So you can proceed with further diagnosis.

Comment

Low Ohms readings on 3.3V ALW load side is almost always a dead PCH though.
        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

i don't know how to go ahead. now 3,3valw is totaly shorted....but nothing getting hot...

Comment

Exact resistance on 3VALW rail?? Is the measurement without the ic soldered??

Comment

i have exactly the same issue, only that when i connect the my power supply to the charging port it reads 0.009 amps, it charges the battery but only turn power lights on without power supply, only battery power, but nothing getting hot. it's the weirdest problem i encounter so far in a laptop

Comment

Check the voltage to ground of each pin on mosfet PQ101. Post each measurement.

Connect the power adapter.

Comment

Since laptop is charging, i dont see any issues in PQ101. You mean to say when power button is pressed,power on indicator glows but no voltage on coils? If so what is the exact consumption after pressing power Button?

Comment

Probably not related to issue on hand but I just want to make a note that this board has a common fault

Bad solder under CPU, which causes removable RAM not to work. Works with soldered RAM only.

Comment

Working...
                    X