Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Laptops, Tablets, and Mobile Devices > BIOS Requests ONLY!
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2021, 03:36 AM   #41
Kodza
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
City & State: Durban
My Country: South Africa
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 85
Thumbs up Re: Hp elitebook 840 g5 bios clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by peste View Post
try..
Thank you tested and its working
Kodza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:56 PM   #42
Kodza
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
City & State: Durban
My Country: South Africa
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 85
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Hello friends I have HP 840 G5 bios password, can you help remove password.
Thank you in advance
Attached Files
File Type: zip 16mb .zip (5.45 MB, 19 views)
File Type: zip 32mb password.zip (10.60 MB, 23 views)
Kodza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 06:02 AM   #43
peste
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
City & State: CAMPINA
My Country: ROMANIA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 6,281
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodza View Post
Hello friends I have HP 840 G5 bios password, can you help remove password.
Thank you in advance
use this program for the 33MB bios, the 16MB one remains the same.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79956
peste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 06:44 AM   #44
Kodza
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
City & State: Durban
My Country: South Africa
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 85
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Quote:
Originally Posted by peste View Post
use this program for the 33MB bios, the 16MB one remains the same.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79956
I have tried it 3 times with the same bios but its not working. I have removed password for the same model before using the hp unlocker tool but on this one its not working, thats why I was asking for help
Kodza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:07 AM   #45
peste
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
City & State: CAMPINA
My Country: ROMANIA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 6,281
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodza View Post
I have tried it 3 times with the same bios but its not working. I have removed password for the same model before using the hp unlocker tool but on this one its not working, thats why I was asking for help
Well, what didn't you say from the beginning so that we don't waste any more time ... this will work, but maybe the DMI information will have to be entered.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Orig+Q78_011600.rar (9.15 MB, 39 views)
File Type: rar Q78_011600.rar (5.38 MB, 36 views)
peste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:52 PM   #46
Kodza
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
City & State: Durban
My Country: South Africa
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 85
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Quote:
Originally Posted by peste View Post
Well, what didn't you say from the beginning so that we don't waste any more time ... this will work, but maybe the DMI information will have to be entered.
Hi I have tested the bios but unfortunately the password is still there.When I flashed the bios it updated the bios when I press F10 it's requesting bios password
Kodza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:13 AM   #47
peste
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
City & State: CAMPINA
My Country: ROMANIA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 6,281
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodza View Post
Hi I have tested the bios but unfortunately the password is still there.When I flashed the bios it updated the bios when I press F10 it's requesting bios password
it didn't have anything to update, because I updated the bios ..maybe you messed up your bios copies ... you wrote the old ones too..try again ..
peste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 10:45 AM   #48
Kodza
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
City & State: Durban
My Country: South Africa
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 85
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Quote:
Originally Posted by peste View Post
it didn't have anything to update, because I updated the bios ..maybe you messed up your bios copies ... you wrote the old ones too..try again ..
Okay my brother I will redo it again tomorrow and I will let you know if I manage. Thanks
Kodza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:32 PM   #49
kimballen
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
City & State: Oslo
My Country: Norway
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 5
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Hi! can someone unlock this bios sumetimes i hate hp
Attached Files
File Type: rar [email protected] (10.34 MB, 12 views)
kimballen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 05:38 AM   #50
peste
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
City & State: CAMPINA
My Country: ROMANIA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 6,281
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimballen View Post
Hi! can someone unlock this bios sumetimes i hate hp
try..
Attached Files
File Type: rar [email protected]_unlocked.rar (9.40 MB, 12 views)
peste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:47 AM   #51
dcehp
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
City & State: New York
My Country: United States
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 1
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Hello. What programmer device should I get to read/write the BIOS on my HP elitebook 840 G5?
Please let me know a particular one that worked for you guys.
Thanks
dcehp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:20 AM   #52
bhatt
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
City & State: Rawalpindi
My Country: pakistan
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 41
Default Re: HP Elitebook 840 G5 Admin Bios PW Removal

create again and send me private msge. because its locks , when i try with idm tool the software showing lock its not enter detail waiting your reply
bhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 04:16 AM   #53
Genova
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
City & State: PARIS
My Country: FRANCE
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 69
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Quote:
Originally Posted by peste View Post
Well, what didn't you say from the beginning so that we don't waste any more time ... this will work, but maybe the DMI information will have to be entered.
Hi,

can someone tell me where is the 16mb bios located?
Genova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:15 AM   #54
rutra111
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
City & State: Warszawa
My Country: polska
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 1
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

I welcome my colleagues
Can anyone help with dunks for this plate to these two cubes?
Preferably unlock.
MXic MX25L25673GZ41
w25q128jv
COMPUTRO-6050A2945601 HP ELITEBOOK 840 G5
I don't have the original files
Thank you in advance.
rutra111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:24 AM   #55
clrscr
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
City & State: cb
My Country: sing
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 65
Default need remove computrace hp elitebook 840 G5

Hi guys !
please help me remove computrace elitebook 840 G5
thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: rar IS25LP128_20211201_182305.rar (5.20 MB, 11 views)
File Type: rar W25Q256_20211201_184229.rar (9.17 MB, 16 views)
clrscr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 11:44 AM   #56
HomingPigeon
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
City & State: Charlotte
My Country: United States
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 1
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Hey Techies-

HP Elitebook 840 G5 - picture attached.

Device background:
I purchased this laptop from a third party, online. Unfortunately, there is an enterprise password lock on the bios and, possibly, region lock as well. The laptop appears to need to connect to a network on startup.

There are two bios chips.
  • front of MB near the first RAM module - winBond - 25Q256JVEQ - 1832 - picture attached
  • back of MB alternate side of the front BIOS chip - winBond - 25Q128JVPQ - 1835 - picture attached

I own a rework station and a CH341A bios chip programmer. I plan to remove chip/s and post contents here. Before I begin, I have a few questions:
  • Do I need to remove, backup and write over both bios chips?
  • Is there a tool provided that will work to remove access rights, both password and region. ie HPUnlocker or RCUnlocker?

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thank you in advance for your help, this community is much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2951.jpg (284.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2952.jpg (215.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2953.jpg (61.7 KB, 19 views)
HomingPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:59 AM   #57
peste
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
City & State: CAMPINA
My Country: ROMANIA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 6,281
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomingPigeon View Post
Hey Techies-

HP Elitebook 840 G5 - picture attached.

Device background:
I purchased this laptop from a third party, online. Unfortunately, there is an enterprise password lock on the bios and, possibly, region lock as well. The laptop appears to need to connect to a network on startup.

There are two bios chips.
  • front of MB near the first RAM module - winBond - 25Q256JVEQ - 1832 - picture attached
  • back of MB alternate side of the front BIOS chip - winBond - 25Q128JVPQ - 1835 - picture attached

I own a rework station and a CH341A bios chip programmer. I plan to remove chip/s and post contents here. Before I begin, I have a few questions:
  • Do I need to remove, backup and write over both bios chips?
  • Is there a tool provided that will work to remove access rights, both password and region. ie HPUnlocker or RCUnlocker?

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thank you in advance for your help, this community is much appreciated.
the password is in the 32MB bios chip (25Q256JVEQ), and can be deleted with HPUnlocker, don't forget to make a copy of the bios chip before writing.
peste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 12:55 AM   #58
vidargo87
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
City & State: stockholm
My Country: sweden
Line Voltage: 240v
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 4
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Can you help me unlock this bios
[URL="https://driv********************************************** **********esdk[/URL]

Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-25-2022 at 05:22 AM..
vidargo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 02:46 AM   #59
peste
Badcaps Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
City & State: CAMPINA
My Country: ROMANIA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 6,281
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidargo87 View Post
Can you help me unlock this bios
[URL="https://dri***********************************rivesdk[/URL]
delete the password yourself

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98539

Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-25-2022 at 05:23 AM..
peste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:24 AM   #60
SMDFlea
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
City & State: York
My Country: UK
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 10,767
Default Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bİos password

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidargo87 View Post
Can you help me unlock this bios
[URL="https://driv********************************************** **********esdk[/URL]
https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
SMDFlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Badcaps.net Technical Forums 2003 - 2022
Powered by vBulletin ®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:03 AM.
Did you find this forum helpful?