X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi to everyone,
    My name's Alessandro and I'm from Italy. I have some expreriences regarding tv repair, so I decided to sign up here to learn more about this scope.

Comment

I design, upgrade and repair professional audio gear. Lots of cheap caps that need to be replaced with bigger and better ones.

Comment

Hello all good people of badcaps!

Comment

Hello, I am a 66 years old computer tech, always good to network

Comment

Hi All,

I'm a recently new member and would like to say hello to you all, and that I'm thankful to have found this forum with a wealth of help and information.
            I used to be a Panasonic Service Engineer, albeit a Domestic Appliance Service Engineer, mostly microwaves and vac's, and occasionally a tube or chassis change on tv's. Yes that long ago, no such thing as flat screens back then. Modern-Day-Millennials would now laugh at you if you told them that tv's were a minimal of 10"s deep, but then again, we once thought the world was flat.

Other than my introduction to the forum;

I have some issues with my Panasonic TX-P50G20B. Firstly can someone point me in the direction for the service manual for this model. I've found a service manual for the TX-P50G20E and the TX-P50S20B. Would these be accurate for my TX-P50G20B in the UK.

From reading the 2 service manuals listed above, to get the Power LED to blink with a code, do I have to be in the service mode?

If someone would be kind enough to reply, I will then be able to elaborate on the issues I'm suffering with this unit.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards.

Dizzwold.

Comment

Hello!,
              Been a member for some time, Always found this forum very useful for fixing all the junk I pick up.

I manly do Mac board repairs, but I don't mind dealing with TVs or random Audio Gear.

Comment

Hello i'm Phil and interested in learning more about computer (PC and Mac) electronics.

Comment

Hi phil! another new member here.. here to soak up the knowledge, veteran of sorts of the capocalypses of early-mid 2000s [back when i was a kid and didn't have the money so had to learn to solder and kept soldering]. Knew of this forums for years, wanted to join for years, really don't know why it has taken so long.

Comment

Hi to all! I'm tapi from Israel, electronics engineer, old 55. Professionally engaged in the repair of TVs, audio, video, computers. In programming nub. My language russian & hebrew, sorry for my english. I have many electrical driving and dumps for repair. I hope for fruitful cooperation.

Comment

Hi to everyone, I'm Paul, a self taught DIY electronics enthusiast interested in repairing and modifications stuff specially with audio/studio gear and joined hear to learn more and get help, support and guidance from the great community here

Comment

Hello. Thank you for allowing us to join this forum.

Comment

Hello everyone. Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hello Guys,

I came across your forum while searching for repair info on a laptop I had been working on.
                            I have been working on desktops and laptop for more than 10 years, I hope I can learn from the masters.

Thanks

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here: Xfacter

Hi to all, my name is Colin. Xfacter is just the name I normally go by online. I'm 25 and looking to get into the networking field doing technician work, so I have some experience with electronics. I came here seeking knowledge on how to attempt a tricky repair on a Samsung tv as this forum was recommended across multiple sites.

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me identify a certain part but besides that I'm always wanting more expedient knowledge to level up my electronics repair skills.

*looks at emote panel* Can't say I'd expected that level of vulgarity after reading over those tight forum rules.

Anyways, best regards to all from Toledo Ohio.

Comment

Hey guys!

What is up! My name is Brian and I like to tinker. I don't remember my first computer (because it was sooooo long ago . Interested in this forum as a contributee and a contributor. I just like taking apart things and fixing things and I would like to expand my knowledge on electronics!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Jeremy. Our first home computer was a Commodore VIC20 with tape drive we got when I was in preschool. I learned how to read by entering BASIC programs out of my dad's VIC20 books. We had couple of Commodore 64s after that. One for the family and one I picked up at a yard sale. I bought a used 8088 with dual floppy drives (no hard drive yet) my freshman year of high school. I built hat 486 the following year, sold that to a law firm, and built myself a PC with an AM5x86 133 MHz CPU.

I currently work as a deskside/mobile tech mainly supporting Panasonic Toughbooks.

Comment

Hello just trying to get more into electronics as a hobby. Currently most work is on car amps and im still learning. thanks

Comment

Hello

While I'm not by any means formally trained or employed in electronics I tend to dabble here and there to try to save items from the landfill and help those nearby get a deal on an otherwise out of budget piece of tech. I have been lurking around for a little while now trying to steal what tidbits of info and knowledge I can but now I think it's time to get involved with the Forum and so here I am. Hello.

Comment

Hello! trying to learn a little more in electronics have on hobby level repaired laptops for friends and family. but now I want to learn a little more about components, schematics and soldering.

Comment

Hello members, I finally! figured out how to navigate my way to my first post.

My name is Charles, and would like to thank the owner, & all contributors for providing a welcoming environment...where we can gather, and share our passions on a variety of subjects. I found this site, through a YouTuber named, "PA8600" one of his videos "How to unbrick or reset BIOS Password". It's an issue I'm currently dealing with now on my Hp8740w
                                          not to mention the 2 broken flat screen tv's on my floor...with the backs removed, but anyway!😊. I have no programming skills😢, I never attended college, never even graduated high school, but I do have a deep passion and love for exploration, through computers...it's amazing! what you can do, with just a computer. I started tinkering with computers in the early 90's, I felt bad as I tried to learn the ins and outs of the hardware & software....because every one I knew, either weren't interested or didn't know. What little I know now, took years to figure out on my own...but it was worth it!, and still is. This is the first time I joined any type of online community, thanks! to the youtuber "PA8600", after watching his video...it reminded me, that it's kool, to ask for help and surround yourself with others who have mutual interests in learning, and doing what we love. If there are no objections, I'd like to learn as much as I can about Network Security, Encryption, Remote Administration....had allott of fun in that😁. Im also at that point where id like to purge anything having to do with Microsoft, Google and all there allies...I never used it, but I'd like to try a version of Kali Linux or something simular to it. I try to be responsible online, in everything I do, someone told me a long time ago....."just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should". I'm a believer in standard's, on and off line...and treating others, as they were your loved one, black or white, rich or poor, able or disabled, Christian, jewish, Muslim or Hindu...we're all the same. My apology if my first post, has gone off the rails. I'm excited to be here, and hope to learn as much as I can....you people are "God's", as far as I'm concerned, I'm honored to be here. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X