This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, I am an amateur apple imac repair player. I am very happy to be a member here. I hope I can learn something new here. There are good things to share with everyone.

Comment

Currently looking for information on repair. I work as an electronics tech in aviation.

Comment

Hi All , Im getting deeper into electronics and in the process of getting all the correct equipment to do micro work. It is so nice to find a forum with such a wealth of like minded people. Im in the UK and have always been a take thing apart to see how it works type of person ..I look forward to chatting to you and contributing to the forum.

Comment

Behringer DEQ2496 Power Supply capacitor failure after only 61,320+ hours.

Fixed it.

I'm all happy again now.

Comment

Hi, HAM radio operator & home electronics hobby repairer. Glad to be one of the members.

Comment

Hi mates,

my name is Cemil. I am 34 years old. I live in Hannover Germany and I started to fix ECUs from Cars.

I want to improve my knowledge about circuits and maybe I can help others too.

Regards

Comment

hello all! i was referred here from r/techsupport to confirm what is suspected to be the issue with my television

Comment

Hello I'm Dave got directed here by google while looking for boardview files, I do Hobby level SMD fault finding & repairs basic electronic stuff and some programming.

Comment

Re: Oh...what the hey.....

computer engineer form very gentle thank you.

Comment

Hi all!

I'm in my 40's.
                      Ran PC repair shop for a decade.
                      Repairing electronics as a hobby.
                      Thanks for all the information you all put here on this forum.

Comment

Hello all. I'm from Nepal Thankyou...

Comment

Hello Everyone, If we start with our first computers then mine would be a 486 that was given to me. Then my family finally bought a new one with an AMD K6. I then wanted to game so I bought and installed a video card, and lets just say the rest is history.

I started college and went for a Degree in programing, but there was way to much business classes so I transferred from the Kelly School of Business (After Core... should have moved sooner) to Purdue school of Engineering focus on programming. I have been building computers and working on them since high school. I have really gotten into how to fix hardware by building my own drones, playing with raspberry pie type boards, and by watching videos by Luis Rossman. I am here to learn more and maybe...thinking about it professionally.

Right now my main PC is an Alienware 17 G5. 16 gigs of ram (soon to be 32), i7-8650h, GTX 1070 OC, m.2 ssd, secondary 1 TB drive, Killer Network Package. I really like it. I have built many Gaming PC's, but right now the laptop is so convenient and powerful enough.

Comment

Hi.. am a rookie here. Looking forward to getting along.

Comment

Hi
                              I just joined badcaps a few weeks ago. I have been reading your post for several years and this is the only site I have trusted for information. Everyone at Badcaps are great with the help and information. Glad to be a member
                              R.J.

Comment

Originally posted by RayDunzl View Post
                                Behringer DEQ2496 Power Supply capacitor failure after only 61,320+ hours.

Fixed it.

I'm all happy again now.
                                Can you tell us what was the uF, V, type (electro?), axial or single-ended, manufacture date, brand, and model (KR?) of the cap.

Comment

Well I got my batch of Caps from BadCaps.net for my Athion motherboard from ABit. I don't remembering having to register on the Forum before?
                                  I have been in Electronics for 43 years. Had a 386 25 MHz IBM clone PC, running DOS 3.1. Then 486 DX, Athlon, and others, now using a AMD Phenom II X64 with Windows 10 with ASUS Solid State Caps.

I have a Tektronix 2235 that is needing new RIFA AC caps, and mains input filter caps, they are original, about 35 years old. I know being in an Electronics Technician they need to be replaced before using it.

Comment

hola a todos

mi nombre es Carlos. Tengo 40 aƱos, soy casado y tengo 4 hijos. Trabajo con sistemas y electronica en un local de servicio tecnico junto con mi hermano que es profesional en Ingenieria electronica.

Espero poder aportar para todo el grupo

Comment

hi everybody

mi name is Carlos. Iam 40 years old. I am married and have 4 wonderfull children. I work with systems and electronics in a local technical service together with my brother who is a professional in electronic engineering.

I hope to contribute for the whole group

Comment

Hey

I joined because I stumbled upon this forum on my quest to repair a 10 year old Samsung 215TW monitor. Already found a lot of helpful info here

Comment

Hello. I stumbled across this forum researching repair information for a Plasma TV. I get more enjoyment out of repairing used electronics than buying new electronics. Thank you for this helpful website.

Comment

Working...
                                          X